Suddenly this lovely soul is four years old. It happened faster than I can believe, but nearly every moment has been a joy. She loves dancing, her sister, and simply just being alive. Four years ago a single cry completely changed my life. Her perfect example of love and forgiveness continues to change me for the better every single day since that very first one.
Birthday Interview 2014:
What is your favorite color? Dark Pink
What is your favorite toy? dress ups
What is your favorite movie? Frozen (did I even have to ask?)
What is your favorite fruit? pineapple
What is your favorite vegetable? broccoli
What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? cereal
What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? pickles (it's true, she would eat ten pickles for lunch if I would let her. unfortunately for her, I don't.)
What is your favorite thing to eat for dinner? sandwiches (I promise I cook)
What is your favorite snack? fruit snacks
What is your favorite drink? apple juice
What is your favorite thing to wear? dance class clothes
What is your favorite thing to play? princesses
What is your favorite animal? polar bear
What is your favorite song? "Let it Go" from Frozen
What is your favorite book? Violet's House
Who is your best friend? Baylee (cousin)
What is your favorite thing to do outside? play in the snow
What is your favorite holiday? Valentine's Day
What do you want to be when you grow up? A mom and have three kids (She is all about being a mom lately. The other night we were talking about going on a mission, but she said she couldn't because she wanted to be a mom. The night before her birthday I told her to stop growing, and she said "But mom, I can't because I want to be a mom someday!")
What is your favorite thing to do with mom? play
What is your favorite thing to do with dad? play Ring Around the Rosie
What is your favorite thing to do with Eliza? hug her
Where is your favorite place to go? nursery (too bad she finally started primary three weeks ago...)
(Last year's interview...I added a few questions this year.)
This year Stella's birthday seemed to last for days! On the Thursday before her birthday she was able to take cupcakes to her preschool class. She was so excited for the box cake mix, pink Pillsbury frosting style cupcakes complete with sprinkles and a flower candle on each one. Still feel bad that I sent chocolate cupcakes, the absolute messiest treat ever, for six four-year-olds to make a mess with. Hopefully her teacher will forgive me.
Saturday the 25th was the big birthday celebration. Our wonderful families and friends all took the time and effort to drive to Twin Falls and help us celebrate our girl. Have I mentioned how much we love them? We started the party off right enjoying all the fun and communicable diseases that come with the average bounce house experience. The kids (young and old) seemed to enjoy themselves, and thankfully no one ended up in the emergency room with a broken arm, so I think we can call that part of the day a success!
![]() |
| We have the best people. |
![]() |
| Aren't they cute? |
After our time playing we headed back to the house where we enjoyed lunch, cake and ice cream, and presents. Stella was spoiled with love and gifts (a few favorites being the Rapunzel doll she has been coveting for a year, and the girl's first pets- Anna and Elsa the goldfish), and was so loving and gracious during the gift opening. She was so sweet to let Liza, Leyla, and Brielle help open all of the gifts; and was genuinely thankful and excited about each present she received. It seems like we are always reminding her to say please and thank you, and use her manners. It doesn't always seem like the reminders are working, so it was nice to see her be so sweet on a day that was all about her.
January 26th fell on a Sunday this year, and with our weekend visitors gone and Stake Conference it meant a long and relaxing day enjoying our special girl. Giant muffins with a birthday candle seemed like a good way to start things off, and it was all uphill from there.
It's no secret that Miss Stella is adored by each and every one of us, and we are so grateful to have her in our family. She brings out the best in everyone she meets, and I can't wait to see what the next year brings for this wonderful girl. We are beyond blessed to have her!
![]() |
| Stella and her adoring fans |
![]() |
| I guess you could say she isn't camera shy. |











No comments:
Post a Comment