Saturday, January 26, 2013

The First Three Years


IMG_3400

My Dearest Stella,

Today you are three, sweet girl!  You have been anxiously awaiting this day for many months, exclaiming to all who would listen that you soon would be a big girl, a three year-old girl.  And here we are, you are that big girl you were so excited to become.  It is amazing how much you have grown and how much you have learned since that beautiful morning that you made me a mother.

It is hard for me to put your personality into mere words, as they seem so inadequate in describing the dynamic you bring to life.  You are so many things, so many wonderful things, and I know as time passes you will only grow into someone made of so much more.  You are a sister, you are kind, you are social, you are a natural-born performer.  You are inquisitive, you are imaginative, you are loving, you are mine. 

Because my own words barely scratch the surface of all that you are, I wanted you to give us a little insight into the things that excite and inspire you at three years-old.  Here is what you had to say about life:

What is your favorite color? pink
What is your favorite toy? princesses
What is your favorite fruit? squeaky oranges (mandarin oranges)
What is your favorite show? princess show (of any variety)
What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? peanut butter and honey sandwich
What is your favorite thing to wear? polka dot dress (not sure what she is referring to, but was wearing polka dot pants during our interview…)
What is your favorite thing to play? dress up
What is your favorite snack? fruit snacks
What is your favorite animal? polar bear
What is your favorite song? “I am a Child of God”
What is your favorite book? “Goodnight, Moon”
Who is your best friend? Brielle
What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? cereal bar
What is your favorite thing to do outside? play in the grass with my shoes off
What is your favorite thing to drink? orange juice (definitely apple juice)
What is your favorite holiday? birthday
What do you want to be when you grow up? doctor
What is your favorite thing to do with mom? run around
What is your favorite thing to do with dad? read books
Where is your favorite place to go? the museum (I think she means the Tree House museum in Ogden, that she has been to once!)

I am so lucky that, even though you are now a big, beautiful three year-old with unique opinions and ideas, you will always be my baby.  I have a feeling that year three is going to be everything you hoped it would be, and that by the time we are celebrating your fourth birthday we will be ever amazed at what you have accomplished.  You truly bless our lives every minute of every day as you use your vibrance and innocence to teach us what really matters in this life.  The first three years of forever just couldn't have been better.

Love, Mom

2 comments:

Britni said...

Happy Birthday Stella! I sure wish we were there to celebrate with her...these dang kids are growing up too fast on me ;)

Shell said...

Happy birthday, Stella! I love the interview and was planning on starting with Thad this year and am glad for the reminder! She is such a doll and I hope she's had an awesome birthday!