Wednesday, January 29, 2014

These Are The Days

Thanks to receiving a new camera for Christmas this year, I am trying to take more "real" photos of the girls and our family outings.  I won't claim the pictures to be professional, beautiful, or even that interesting to you; but they are moments of life that captured a little piece of my heart while they were happening.  Enough so that I wanted to snap a picture and really remember them forever.

Thus I am starting what could be a new monthly series, one that when I look back on this blog will remind me of the wonderfully ordinary days I am spending creating this family of mine.  Not every day is exciting.  Not every day is perfect.  But I want to remember the moments- good and bad- that made up this wonderful life.

I have been thinking about this post for the last few days, and while driving in the car today I heard a song by one of my favorite country bands, Sugarland.  The song is called "These are the Days".  As I was listening to they lyrics this afternoon it captured a few of my thoughts about life right now:  

"...Sometimes it feels like we won't make it through

But the hard times pass like the good ones do
Baby, wrap your fingers and hold on tight
I'll be right here beside you tonight

Baby, climb up here, watch the city glow

Let's make a wish on the fireworks below
We're making moments we won't forget
We fill in ones that haven't happened yet

...we can't forget these are the days

...don't be afraid, we can't forget these are the days"


These days may not be perfect, but they are the ones we always wanted.  We may be wishing away the hard moments, but that means the good ones are going just as quickly.  I don't want to forget that these are the days I will always cherish.

Bedtime stories with daddy.  This sight will never, ever get old.

Eliza is in love with baby dolls.  If she ever gets the chance, she will be the best big sister.

A warm(ish) January day spent playing with sisters and favorite Christmas presents.  They couldn't get enough of all the crap stuff in our garage.  Glad someone likes it, because I feel like we may need an intervention from Hoarders Anonymous.

On one of dad's beloved days off we ran away to the mountains to explore.  We are getting excited for warmer weather and summer hikes.

Breakfast time: messy hair, messy faces, and lots of fights over who gets the pink cup that day.  I sort of hate breakfast time...

A Saturday spent creating masterpieces.  I usually reserve the paints for during E's nap time, but this time she got to participate, too.  I think she loved it.

4 comments:

Heather Ashcroft said...

I may have to copy the idea is this post :). I think about taking pictures of our day but then think "that's so boring". I probably won't think that years from now when I look back!

Erin_C said...

1) You make me want to break out my "real" camera more. I just can't figure out how to take good pictures inside!

2) Looks like a real party for Stella. 4 years flies.

3) Love your year review post. Hope you guys have a wonderful 2014 (and maybe we'll even get to get together to play!). You are a fab mom. I know there are more babies headed your way.

Niki said...

I love this, Taryn! for sure these mundane days are the ones you'll miss when they're gone! Your girls are getting so big and cute!

Benji and Anne King said...

I love your posts! I too wish we could enjoy every single moment just a little bit more. Also, I loved your picture of Stella in that chair--totally looked professional and she looks adorable! Love and miss y'all!