Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Our Happy June


Summer is traveling at warp speed, but June was too good to pass up.
We visited with old friends, went to birthday parties, and obviously had a little too much summer fun on a few occasions.  Crazy hair and lots of tears before bedtime are always a sure sign of a busy summer day.
The girls got a new playhouse and have been having lots of fun in the backyard playing restaurant, running through sprinklers, and even using the sand art kit to make "best sisters forever" necklaces.  Ryan and I were talking the other day about what we would do if Stella and Eliza didn't have each other.  They are the best little friends and make my job so much easier (at least most of the time)!


Father's Day came and went, and we were able to spend time with all of the most important men in our lives.  We couldn't ask for a better man of the house, and I think Ryan secretly loves having so many women in his life.  Welcoming him home is our favorite part of the day. 
The sight of my girls walking to church with their dad and papa on Father's Day made my heart swell, and I'm glad I got to capture a quick picture.  I'm also sincerely grateful for a wonderful step-father who has shown my little family nothing but love.  His presence has helped fill a large void in our lives, and we love him very much.  And as much as Father's Day can be difficult without my dad here, I am grateful for a day each year that I can reflect on what a wonderful father I was blessed to have.

The girls finished off dance season with a wonderful recital.  They are such loved and spoiled little ladies, and had a pretty impressive cheering section.  They both danced their little hearts out up on stage   and did so well remembering all of their steps.  Stella even danced right through a costume mishap like it was no big deal at all.  We love our tiny dancers!


June also meant Lagoon day thanks to Nucor and the Palmer bunch.  The girls had a blast sweating it out on the rides with their cousins and swimming at Lagoon-A-Beach.  After Lagoon, we parted ways with our daddy as he went back home to work a little before a weekend of fishing at Henry's Lake.  The girls stayed back in Utah where we took advantage of having free reign of grandma's playroom, met up with lots of long lost friends, and missed our daddy while he was gone. Once we were all reunited at home, we attempted a summer dollar movie (which ended up being canceled due to technical problems), painted a few pictures, crossed "bike wash" off our summer fun list, and soaked up all the family time we could get.

No comments: