Monday, January 13, 2014

Recent Moments iLoved {December Edition}


Along with all the other stuff that one can expect out of December we had baby blessings to attend, songs to sing, dance recitals to perform in, graduations to attend, proposals to help with, and driveway nap times to relish.  Probably sounds a lot like your December.

Stella's first dance recital was everything we all hoped it would be.  We were thoroughly entertained by two-year-old ballerinas, and Stella got to fulfill her dream of dancing on a real stage.  She did so wonderful and it was happy night celebrating our favorite tiny dancer.  Sometimes I just can't believe she was once my little babe.  Thanks to our good friends, the Bonds, we had front row seats to enjoy the show.  Jenny only had to sell her soul to save the eight seats we needed to accommodate Stella's fan club that included Nana Joni, Papa Paul, Uncle Sam, Aunt Kyrsten, and mom and dad, of course.

We were lucky to share in some pretty momentous occasions with our siblings during December.  Aunt Taigen graduated from cosmetology school at Idaho State, so the girls and I made a quick evening trip to Pocatello to help celebrate all of her hard work.  I could not be more proud of that little sister of mine.  She may be the baby of the family, but I don't doubt that she is the strongest one of all.  She has certainly endured the brunt of the last three and half years without dad, and while I know they were never easy for her, they have shaped her into one amazing woman.

When Uncle Taylor asked us to be part of asking Lacee to marry him, we couldn't say no.  Taylor and Lacee have been together for two years, which means the girls already thought of her as part of the family.  They were so excited to do their "dance" and help uncle Tay Tay pop the question.  We are so happy she said yes, and can't wait for January 31st!

The beginning of December brought our first, and so far only, notable snowfall here in the banana belt of Idaho.  After giving myself a big pep talk I made my way outside with the girls where we enjoyed the snow together.  99% of the time I am grateful after I do something I deep down really don't want to do, and that is especially true when it comes to my kids.

Thankfully we found a few days to hang out at home, finish the Christmas shopping, and finally crash in the car after all of our busy days full of missed (and refused) naps.  Sometimes in the middle of December, you just have to sit in your driveway for thirty minutes and enjoy the silence.

1 comment:

Shell said...

Perfect pictures!! Taigen is amazing and that is awesome that she finished cosmetology...It changes your life to have someone in the family do hair! Yay for a fun December. I need to call you soon. XOXO