I shared most of October's Instagram pictures in other posts, but I couldn't pass up sharing the ones that didn't make it on here already. I love these people and the simple, perfect memories we make on a daily basis.
Whether we are exploring nature, continuing traditions from my own childhood, telling secrets, or prepping a brisket for the smoker (you wouldn't believe the use he gets out of that headlamp); we just have a good time together. I will be the first to admit that my children have way too many clothes, and that I get way more satisfaction from dressing them up than I should. I guess I am just living vicariously through them? But really, how cute is that Stella Rose and her fur vest? I think the picture of them telling secrets is my new favorite, as I can perfectly envision the giggles and smiles that accompany those sweet moments.
We were lucky to inherit my great-grandmother's old piano, which happens to be the same piano that I learned to play on in the comforts of my own home as a child. I love having a piano in our home and love even more the special connection I have with it. It makes me think of my dad, as it comes from his family and because for some reason music makes me feel more connected to him. The girls are enjoying it as well, and while the occasional pounding of it's keys can cause my head to hurt, they are leaving it alone for the most part. I'm excited for the days ahead when they will be the ones filling our home with it's music.
October was certainly good to us.

No comments:
Post a Comment