After nearly eight years of being a part of the Palmer family, we all decided it was time for a little family vacay. If the Palmer boys love anything, it's fishing. And camping. And four-wheelers. Okay, and baseball. So the obvious (and meet-in-the-middle) solution was Island Park. My dear grandparents were so generous to allow us to stay at their property and call their beautiful fifth-wheel home for a few days. My aunt and uncle's trailer was also there and they were just as willing to let us use anything we needed. In the end Papa Jeff had to stay and work (sad), and Aunt Ashlie and Uncle John were still working away in Texas (more sad) so we were missing a few key members at our party. Besides that major factor, I think we all had a great time. We ate too much good food, the boys did some fishing, and the little girls got dirty. Sounds like all kinds of success to me.
Ryan often states that the only time he is happy to be "getting up in the fives" (that would be anytime the alarm clock shows 5:00 am) is an opportunity to hunt or fish. I would have to disagree, as I don't think there is anything that makes me want to see the hour of five am. This trip found the boys up early and on the lake each morning. They caught a few fish, and managed to get some pretty good pictures as well.
When the boys weren't fishing we were riding four-wheelers and dirt bikes, eating ice cream in West Yellowstone, and sitting in the boat. Yes, Papa's Jeff fishing boat was the little girl's favorite place to be. Whether they were actually taking a little ride around Henry's Lake, or simply playing inside while it was safely parked at the property, they couldn't get enough of the thing.
Teresa's sister and two of her daughters happened to be visiting their cabin on Henry's Lake at the same time, so we made a little trip one night to say hi and have dinner together. Their cabin is located right on the edge of the lake and offered us some amazing views. The beautiful scenery once again impressed me and left me in awe of the amazing world we are blessed to live in.
In the end I would say the trip was a major success, and we are all hoping we can do it again long before another eight years have passed. Our only stipulations are that next time everyone will be in attendance so our party will be complete. I feel pretty lucky to be part of this little Palmer clan.


1 comment:
What a fun summer! Playing hard, I see! I have to ask, how do you get your pictures in nice little rows like that? That would be so useful at the end of the year when I turn my blog into a book. I'll text you about it!
Post a Comment