So this one time I decided that driving 9 hours by myself with two little girls wasn't a bad idea at all. Then the day of our journey inched closer and I started to question my sanity just a bit. Then the day before we left I ended up calling off work for a sick little girl, praying it wasn't strep throat, and hoping a little lady with an ear infection and tonsillitis could happily make the journey ahead. 2 bathroom breaks, 1 stop for lunch, and 2 quick pit stops on the side of the road due to the threat of vomit and a lost blanket later, and we made it to the beach. Like literally we drove straight to the lake where we changed into our swimming suits in the car and joined the fun. Thanks to my amazing little world travelers I might even do it all again soon.
We spent the next five days doing all the usual Bear Lake activities. Eating breakfast on the deck, riding go-carts, consuming far too many milkshakes, dirt biking, singing, and playing with cousins from dawn til dusk. We know how to party hard, and we loved every second of it. As our family continues to grow and get more busy, we take who we can get and when we can get them. We missed those we weren't able to see, and enjoyed catching up and playing with those we did. Life at the cabin is the very best kind.
The beach was our second home for the week, and we enjoyed every sandy minute. From eating treats to doing baby Yoga, fun times were had by all. I experienced paddle boarding and gave my once per year wake boarding attempt my best shot. The next day I could hardly move so I think it was a success. I am starting to feel old.
Our dearest Breanne, Brielle, and Bode made the drive through the canyon to spend a few hours with us at the beach. It was delightful as always, and I am so grateful for the effort Bre always puts into seeing us during our crazy visits. Those two girls in the Ariel swim suits are the best kind of trouble.
I was able to sneak away from my little ladies one night and attend a show at Pickleville Playhouse. It is a tradition I always look forward to, and I am grateful for the "Impostor Paul" and his awesome babysitting skills. On our last day we decided to take a little break from the beach and enjoy the pool instead. We basically took over the kiddie pool and had a blast jumping off the step and into the water over and over again.
I feel so blessed that my girls get to experience this place that holds such a piece of my heart. In the end they are the reason I decided to be a crazy person and drive an entire day there and back by myself. A few days at Bear Lake are just a summertime requirement, and my heart just knew they needed to be there. Lucky for me I got to tag along and enjoy my favorite place while hanging out with my wonderful family. I am so grateful to my grandparents for making it possible to make these Bear Lake memories. Wearing matching outfits with grandma was just the cherry on top of our perfect week at the lake.



No comments:
Post a Comment