St. Lucia was our next stop, and was by far my favorite day of the vacation.
I know, I sound heartless saying my favorite day followed the news of my baby daughter being put in the hospital, but let me assure you I still worried my little heart out.
The knowledge that she was sick and I wasn't there to help her weighed on my heart for the rest of our vacation, and quite honestly still does today.
But we were still on a cruise and we were still visiting a beautiful tropical island, so of course we managed to enjoy ourselves a little, too.
We didn't have much of a plan for this day, so we got off the ship hoping for something amazing to work itself out.
And amazing happened in the form of our friend and taxi driver Disco Dave.
Disco Dave/the Notorious BIG incarnate led us on an up close and personal tour of the island; complete with visits to Marigot Bay, a banana plantation, a classic fishing village, and an amazing beach.
After a few hours touring the island in Dave's van, complete with disco lights and music, we headed over to Ti Kay beach where we ate awesome hamburgers overlooking the ocean (our waitresses name was Stella!) and kayaked along the beautiful coastline.
Our kayaking excursion was probably my favorite activity of the entire trip.
The scenery was so beautiful and it was so much fun stopping and exploring the completely deserted beaches along the way.














3 comments:
I am glad you were still able to have a good time. The picture look soooo fun! Love you.
Remember when the bachelor couples were in St. Lucia?? From the looks of your kissing pic, you had just as good of time but thank goodness you guys will last!! ha ha
This is our beach!! Lincoln and I spent our honeymoon in St. Lucia and we stayed at Ti Kay Village. We ate at that little lunch spot all the time. Oh, the memories. I am so jealous. I loved your post!
Post a Comment