She's two!
And when you're two, you only like taking pictures when it is on your own agenda.
Thus our semi-successful 2 year photos include the "Look, mom! I'm having a tea party" pose, the "I am probably giving you attitude right now, and I just ate an old M&M I found under the couch" pose, and finally the "Don't bug me, I am watching Beauty and the Beast for the 800th time" pose.
Lovely.
Welcome to the reality of having a two-year old, folks.
I am keeping my fingers crossed things go a little better when our favorite photographer gives it a go soon.
We decided to keep tradition alive and make sure Stella was extra spoiled well loved on her day of birth by throwing two birthday celebrations.
We started the festivities out right with a shin-dig fit for our very own princess, complete with pink frosted doughnuts, tiaras for each guest, and beautiful boas.
No big deal that Nana J was getting married the next day, she decided Stella needed a Fancy Nancy party and that is what she got!
This little lady is beyond loved by so many wonderful people.
And forget Year of the Dragon, it is officially the Year of the Princess around these parts.
I said it would never be so, but then your little girl falls in love with everything fancy and you just can't help but buy gaudy princess tents and puzzles for her to call her own.
We love that great grandpa Hansen is such a good sport to share his birthday with Stella.
Once again he was able to join us for the celebration and looked marvelous in his party attire.
I love that they get to share something special, especially now that my dad is gone because it makes me feel like Stella has yet another connection to her Papa Scott.
Yesterday, her actual day of birth, was celebrated in style:
We started our day with a visit to the dental school for lunch with dad.
Stella thoroughly enjoyed her Wendy's chicken nuggets and french fries. Anything she can dip in ketchup or ranch is a winner in her book.
After our meal we took a stroll through the school where everyone doted on the cutest birthday girl around. The ladies in the chart room even presented Stells with her rocking sunglasses and you better believe she didn't take them off for an hour.
Stella's special day wrapped up with homemade Mac and Cheese for dinner, a few presents, and a delicious pink cupcake.
It was a pretty good day for the little miss.
It is crazy to think I have a two year old.
Stella is such a joy and we are so blessed to have her in our family.
99% of the time she is the sweetest, funniest, most polite little girl around.
The other 1%? Well, we still love her then too.
I think I am okay if she decides to stay two forever.
Love you Stella Bean!














7 comments:
I forgot our babes share a birthday. Happy birthday Stella!
love the pics! the fancy nancy party is an adorable idea! she is 2!? i forget stella and Lynsi are only 5 months apart.
Loved the pictures.And yes its ok to have such a fun time. They grow up too fast and lets hope Grandpa is around for another birthday party.
She's a doll! So glad you got to celebrate with your fam while you were out west. That's the best!
Looks like she had the best birthday ever!!!!! Love you guys
she is darling!!! I can't believe these girls are getting so big! I think I will be bawling come May when it is Hazy's turn to do the TWO dance. I need a little more little time ;)
so fun! Birthdays are always so so much fun! Taryn if you want to use my sister shirts you are more then welcome to them... I bought them through an charity auction when that Preslee died and all i have used them for is pictures. The bigger one is a children's place size 3 (preslie was only 2 when she wore it... i think they run small) & the smaller onesie is a 0-3 months (but its kinda big so Tylie was like 5 months when she wore it) I also have tutus that are the same colors. just let me know :)
Post a Comment