Have I ever mentioned that we love visitors?
Because we do.
Especially when they go by the names Nana and Papa; let us embarrass them at the airport with massive signs proclaiming their age; rent a slightly used van so we can road trip in style; stuff us full of delicious, fattening food; and spoil the grand babe with hugs, kisses, and gifts galore.
We decided that a road trip to some of the closer tourist attractions sounded fun so we rented a mini van (all that leg room was pure luxury, I tell you. And don't let Ryan fool you- he loved driving it) and headed out with the essentials: baby, GPS, and a cooler full of diet cokes.
Our first stop was the ghetto up north: Cleveland.
While I am sure there are some redeemable qualities to this city, we didn't see many of them.
Our first mistake was taking the train.
Our second mistake was taking the train to a mall that doesn't allow persons under the age of 18 inside of it after 2:30 pm. Two-thirty.
Our third mistake was riding the train back to our hotel after the game. Let's just say it is probably a good thing we took the 9:30 trip rather than staying for all 16 innings of the baseball game and riding home with the 12:30 am crowd.
Our evening at the ballpark was a lovely one.
We arrived extra early as to escape the favorable crowd at the mall down the street so we were able to enjoy lots of batting practice, playing in kiddie land, and delicious stadium treats.
Like I said, we left just after the 7th inning stretch but just before the game entered an extra 3 hours of playing time.
Jeff and Ryan were slightly upset to have missed all that free baseball.
The next morning we headed a little further north to the great land of Canada.
The beautiful waters of Niagra Falls were beconing and their wonderment did not dissapoint their first time visitors.
The worst part of the trip was getting in and out of the country.
Those people are intense.
We made sure that Jeff and Teresa experienced the magical boat ride up to the falls that is Maid of the Mist. When all was said and done I think they thoroughly enjoyed their plue ponchos and wet hair.
We decided to top off our three day road trip with a stop on Palmyra, New York and a visit to some of the most influential sites in Church history.
This was Ryan and I's second time experiencing the special Spirit that can be found atop the Hill Cumorah or within the Sacred Grove, although this time we did it with a toddler in tow.
The experience was slightly different, but I was again reminded that the Lord's plan is always so much greater than ours.
It's very often easy to forget that the things that are happening in our lives and the lives of the people we love the most are part of a bigger picture and they are usually leading us towards the people we were meant to be.
So many people were put into Joseph Smith's life at just the right moment, with just the right capabilities and their influence allowed the Church to move forward.
I know these people and situations were not mere coincidence.
A lot of the time life can be so hard and so confusing.
I am glad that I have the knowledge and faith that the Lord knows all. He knows me and the trials that plague my heart now and those that will in the future; and that knowledge is what gets me through the hardest of moments.
Our road trip adventure ended with a few days spent in the comforts of home.
We ushered in the college football season by sitting with 100,000 other fans in 100 degree heat at The Shoe.
Fun was had by all until we got in the car and heard the results of the USU vs Auburn game.
Sad day.
The rest of the week was spent eating, playing at the park, eating, shopping, eating, and getting a jump on potty training thanks to Stella's new princess potty chair courtesey Nana and Papa.
And no, I am not ready to start this potty training business anytime soon. It scares me more than anything else in parenthood thus far.
Plus she is only 19 months old...I've got time, right?
For now she LOVES her potty chair and wants all her friends to take their turn going potty too.
Don't worry, all those friends are stuffed animials.
We keep it sanitary around these parts.

























7 comments:
What a fun trip! I'm glad you guys had a great time. And by the way, you are looking way too small to be so far along in your pregnancy :)
loved what you said about people coming in our lives as part of the bigger picture. made me cry thinking about this new little babe (surprise surprise). i needed a little perspective today. thanks :)
oh my gosh. im laughing sooo hard at that camouflage picture of stella. sooo funny.
looks like you guys had so much fun. i love you! thanks for the wonderful perspective as always. your the best
whoops this is kyrsten by the way.. im logged into sissyprint.
How fun...but seriously what kind of mall doesn't allow anyone under 18 in after 2:30? What's up with that?
Oh, fun blogging. Thanks for the memories. We miss you guys so much. We saw Brianne, Dereck and Brielle at the Aggie game last night. This time we won. It is much funner when the aggies win. I hope Ellie gets potty trained first the it will make it easier for Stella. Thanks for hanging out with two old farts for your quarter break. Love ya. Give Stella hugs and kisses for us.
Oh so glad you remembered the pjs. I felt bad when I was on the plane and remembered we didn't put them on her for Jeff. Did I tell you in Detroit we saw the same people we met in Palmyra and were on the same flight home with them. Small world.
Post a Comment