Let me tell you about our little trip to the Ohio State Fair.
This was our last shot to make it there, and after failing miserably at hitting up the Dublin Irish Festival the night before, we decided to stop being lame and get out and experience some of Ohio's finest folk.
It was a hot day, but we headed out early and actually beat some of the crowds as there were lines to the parking lot when we decided to leave a few hours later.
I must say I envisioned Stella's day at the fair going much better.
For a girl with little to no reservations most of the time, she was afraid of everything!
Sheep, horses, cows, and carousels; oh my!
Is my fake smile and the fact that I am literally holding down my screaming child onto the back of an amusement park ride completely obvious in this picture?
In the end I still got my $2 corn dog, and that my friends is enough to make any day at the fair worth while.
Let me tell you about how this little gal inside of me is going to be making her entrance into the world in less than 100 days.
And how I am kind of starting to freak out about it.
My to-do-list is suddenly a mile long, my 18 month old suddenly seems like more than I can handle, my energy level has ceased to top moderate at this point, and I am more confused than ever as to how I want this birth to go.
Thank goodness the temps have dipped this week, because I was about to banish myself and the crazy toddler inside for the remainder of summer. The heat was killing me!
To top it all off I started doing Zumba again last week as to not let a $20 Living Social purchase go to waste.
Nothing is better (or more horrifying) than a 6.5 month pregnant mama shaking it to some Latin and Hip Hop beats.
At least Stella is practicing her big sister skills already, right?
She loves informing us that "Ellie poo poo", and will go directly to the diaper drawer to retrieve a fresh bottom covering for her beloved friend.
Too bad she doesn't like getting her own diaper changed just as much.
Let me tell you a little about my BFF.
We like to hang out at the park where she climbs to the highest point as quickly as she can and enjoys pushing her mama on the swings.
If you were wondering, that big red thing is Ohio's take on a kiddie swing and Stella's favorite way to pass the time when at the park.
And the face she is making on the horse...well your guess is as good as mine.
The girl seems to be taking after Nana J and her love for rain boots.
At any given time during our day you will likely find her sporting her favorite shoes.
No weather is too dry nor outfit too fancy for some bright yellow galoshes.
(Are you kind of dying over her big girl pigtails? I know I am.)
Let me tell you about the great debate that is recently raging within my mind.
Stella is kind of getting to a point where she needs some different/more mature toys to keep her occupied.
I just can't seem to justify buying anything due to 1. us being poor, 2. no special occasion i.e. birthday, Christmas, and 3. It is still nice outside, shouldn't we just spend all our time out there?
It is a dilemma, I tell you.
Any suggestions on good toys for 1.5-2 year olds would be appreciated.
A few days ago I did break down and buy her this little tricycle at the local consignment store.
It is still a bit big, but I think the fact that she enjoys sitting on it every waking second is a good sign that it was money well spent.
Summer has been treating us mighty well.
We try to stay busy all day and then fall into our beds exhausted at night, but I think that is what life is all about.
Intramural softball games with dental friends, play dates and park trips, group date nights to the water park, watching Friday Night Lights snuggled up with my honey who also happens to make late night Taco Bell runs for me without batting an eye.
Let me tell you, even with all the little and big moments of frustration and trial (and we ALL have them), life is good.
















7 comments:
Like I said - you look better than most the people shaking it at Zumba. I love that we bring out our inner dancer together :).
You're lookin so good and Stella too! I love the galoshes! THe state fair looks like it was a good adventure...ya always feel better when you get out of the house. Keep it up! yOu're awesome!
I cuncur with Heather, you are the cutest pregnant zumba shaker ever. And I love your face with Stella on the carousel. I so know the feeling ha ha.
Piper loves puzzles. Just simple Melissa and Doug ones that have chunky animals that are easy for her little fingers. She'll sit and do them again and again for a good thirty minutes. Then again, my daughter prefers rubber squirrels over dolls. So, she could be unique in her toy selection.
You look fantastic you little pregnant girl. You don't even look like there's a baby in there, unless you're showing off the bump in a profile photo. Wish I had that kind of pregnancy bod... or a everyday kind of bod.
I'm soooo baby hungry and hearing you talk about the little life inside you feeds the hunger. Such a special time. Hang in there and enjoy the one while it's just the two of you. The night before Piper was born, I just cuddled up with Jack in bed and cried (and cried) because I knew it would never be the same. And it hasn't. It's been busier, I've felt way more stretched in a thousand and one directions, but it's still just as sweet the second time around.
Love you!
Taryn, I love your blog posts. Picturing you busting a move with your 6 1/2 prego self in Zumba class is just awesome. haha. And those ran boots? Who WOULDN'T want a pair of those, I know why stella loves them. That Stella is awesome, I just love her personality. I can't believe you are going to have another little girl! It'll be busy I'm sure, but I'm excited for you.
You are the cutest prego woman eva! And Stella is the cutest! :)
Your belly bump is adorable! You are always the cutest pregnant women! I agree...the to do list does start to add up the closer it gets to your due date! I am still adding and I only have 5 days left.
You are an amazing MOM! Don't worry! Having two kids is great! They entertain each other and Stella is the sweetest little thing and will just take care so much.
The Ohio state fair looked fun! We never made it there.
Post a Comment