Last night and this morning brought me back to a happy place.
Not to say I was lost in the deep, dark depths of despair or anything, but a certain heaviness has been weighing on my heart as of late.
Yesterday after about a week of constant dark skies and rain, the glorious sun made a long awaited appearance.
Amazing how the warmth and light alone of that fire ball in the sky can do a soul some good.
Plus, it was date night.
Sometimes you just really need a night out on the town with the man you love.
So we ate yummy Mexican food and went to a baseball game.
Just the two of us.
And the weather was amazing!
Seventy degrees, low humidity, and just perfect.
We drove through old neighborhoods oohing and awing over old homes, and dreaming about our future with the windows rolled down and the feel of summertime on our cheeks.
Really, just what I needed.
Then this morning we woke up and got things done.
Does anything beat the feeling of crossing things off the to-do list?
Especially when you are doing it with your husband and the sun is shining?
I think not.
Then there's this girl.
Even though the "girls are full of drama" comments are becoming reality in this household, she really does make everything in the world seem right.
She is so full of personality right now, and her dad and I spend the evenings after she is sweetly tucked in bed reminiscing about her every move.
She thinks she is so big, and most days I think she is right.
At her 15 month appointment (she will be 16 months next week!) she checked out great and was happy until the shots of course. One in each leg and arm is enough to push any of us over the edge.
Her numbers were 23.6 lbs, 31 inches (50% for both), and she is measuring up right on target developmentally.
I know this picture is a lot blurry, but she is just so happy in it! Her love for life is contagious and when I allow myself to partake of it I am so much happier in return.
She loves to jabber, read books, go outside, wear necklaces, feed and love and take care of her baby, and love her giraffe "Gigi".
It seems like she learns a new word everyday and loves to mimic everything we do and say.
It's amazing how one minute she can make me so frustrated and the next I am smitten all over again.
That's the power of a child, I guess.
Of course we can't forget about #2
I can't believe I am already in trimester #2!
Just like everyone says, this time around is really flying by.
I have been a little on edge and a little all over the place with my emotions regarding this pregnancy.
The pain that so many of my friends are feeling due to losing children, miscarriages, and infertility has been so prominent in my mind recently that I have had a hard time feeling anything but anxious or guilty when I thought of this little life inside of me.
But this week we went to the doctor and heard the perfect melody of it's heartbeat and I remembered that this is such a joyful time.
A miracle is taking place and I deserve to rejoice in it.
And so even this little soul, who I still can't feel moving and who sometimes makes me want to vomit, helped me to again remember that life is oh so sweet.
I'm so glad to back in my happy place.






7 comments:
I didn't even have a date night and I'm in a happy place - thank you sun! By the way - your date sounded dreamy :).
love that little beating soul inside of you and that little ray of sunshine and drama. i miss you guys sooo much but am so happy you are feeling good! glad you had fun on your date! sounds like you found something really fun to do. LOVE YOU. and love your itsy bitsy belly!
Isn't it amazing how a little sunshine can brighten your mood? :) I'm hoping the sun stays around for a while.
Stella is so darling. And I totally know what you're talking about, where you're frustrated with them one minute and falling more in love with them the next. That's just how it goes, I guess!
And I felt the same way as you when I was pregnant with David. My sister experienced a miscarriage the first time she got pregnant a few months before I got pregnant with David. I felt pretty guilty about it, but I couldn't be happier about it at the same time.
I saw your beautiful mama tonight. She looked gorgeous as ever.
We also talked about what an amazing mother you are. Your children are some lucky little kiddos.
Glad you are back in a happy place;) Yay for sunshine!!! And Date Night! :)
Yay! You're pregnant again! I didn't know... congrats!! We just finished the last of our Ward Conferences today, I just love serving with your mama. She's so great :)
I know the feeling Taryn about the feeling guilty. I have a friend that has been trying to get pregnant for a very long time and then I end up being pregnant with twins. I just got to thinking how is it fair that she struggles so hard to get pregnant with one baby and I manage to get pregnant with two so easily. But I liked what you said in deserving to be happy for the miracle we have inside us. It makes me extremely grateful for the blessing I have to bear children and I try not to take my pregnancy and children for granted. You are such a great person and a great mom!
Post a Comment