I don't know if I am most shocked by the fact that March is practically over, or that March is ending with with snowflakes falling outside my window.
Out like a lamb my eye!
Wow, spring. You are seriously letting me down so far.
If I remember right it was nearly 80 degrees on my birthday last year.
That would be an approximate 50 degree jump in temperature in two days.
Do you think we can manage that?
Overall, March has been pretty good to us.
We have lived, laughed, loved, cried, made messes, cleaned messes up, wiped snotty noses, taken naps, spent way too much time inside, and enjoyed a spring break that was anything but spring-like or break-like.
I had been building up my excitement for a spring break with nothing planned, and really I think that was my biggest down fall.
Due to several projects and presentations that had to be completed Ryan spent most of his break and school working on patients or working on power points.
We had a day or two to spend together so I shouldn't complain to much, but we don't have many more of these magical breaks left.
Sooner or later we are going to enter the real world where vacations only come around two weeks out of every year (or is that wishful thinking, too?)
Here is the master mess maker herself perfecting the art of pulling out all of the wipes from the container.
When will I ever learn my lesson?
As you can see, the baby mullet is officially in style here at the Palmer house.
I am not sure if I should leave it be or cut what small amount of length she has to avoid the white trash references.
Stella sure is becoming a sister with an attitude.
Lately she loves books. Reading them to herself, throwing them from their place on the shelf, having one of us read them to her...anything.
She has a few books upstairs in her room and lately she loves to go upstairs, shut her door, and sit and read her books alone.
When I come check on her she hurries over to again shut the door in my face.
I should be offended, but mostly I think it is so dang cute.
Often times she also ends up pulling all of the diapers, baby products, and drawers full of clothes out onto the floor, but whatever keeps her happy I guess.
She loves to wear "necklaces" which usually consists of a pink shoelace that I have tied to resemble a beautiful necklace or one of Ryan's ties draped dashingly around her neck. Once in a while she gets lucky to wear one of mom's real ones, but since I am hardly ever wearing one that means neither is she.
For now the pink shoelace works great.
She also loves the Jack and Jane letters below.
Each letter is a book and they all come in that carrying case.
She loves them so much that when she was wide awake at 2 am the other night she saw them and begged me to open them.
Ha, yeah right.
When all the letters are inside she can hardly pick it up, because it is so heavy.
Instead she whines until I open it up to allow her to spread them all over the house.
Are you sensing a theme here?
Messes are fun!
Honestly, most days I don't mind picking up toys and books knowing full well I will be doing it again in ten minutes.
It keeps my baby happy and smiling, and I think that is what being a mom is all about.
Most days, that is...
Hmmm...the snow is actually starting to stick now.
I am feeling depressed.
Along with the day to day we have loved watching some college basketball.
After two rounds my bracket was looking marvelous.
Then disaster struck.
I don't think I am alone when I say I didn't pick a single team going to the final four this year.
Stupid Ohio State.
Looking forward to a wonderful weekend full of birthday celebrations, sleeping in (ha), and General Conference.
I can give you one guess as to what I want for my birthday.
It starts with an s and rhymes with fun.
7 comments:
I've got the same philosphy, I'd rather clean up a mess if it entertains him for a bit! Its fun how you can start to really see personality coming out huh?!
i hope you get "starts with a s and rhymes with fun" for you birthday too :)
may i suggest mardi gras style beads strands for necklaces? carly loves them, and they are not very breakable, and the beads don't come apart so i don't worry about her choking. i have way too much experience with "pretties". carly and stella should have a necklace party.
and the messes only get worse.
happy birthday on friday!
I am with erin. this weekend my mother in law actually suggested i should take the box full they have from sams mission and send some to you. i forgot to get them... :)
YEAH its your birthday! Party Party! i love you sister. You are beautiful! so is that little steller. even with a mullet!
I say leave the mullet! She is so stinkin cute! We left ella's mullet (which she is still rockin) but now I can do pony tails with the front clipped to the side with a flower. Soon you will be able to do even more fun hair styles! Its fun to see that Stella is such a girly girl, how adorable!
Everytime sineone mentions conference, i gasp. Is it already here? Where did march go? Happy birthday soon! Stella is beyond cute! My Julia is addicted to fingernail polish at the moment! She could teach Stella a few tricks... Like where to find every polish stash no matter how high!!!
I hope you have a great birthday! I am crossing my fingers for the sun to come out for you!!! :)
Agreed. It was depressing going from 85 degrees in florida back to this...the groundhog lied this year :)
Post a Comment