Oprah and I are no longer friends.
She (once again) held her "Favorite Things" show, and (once again) did not invite me to attend.
And to add salt to my wounds she had not only one, but two different episodes this time around to commemorate this, her final season.
Seriously ticked.
I mean really, I would have even let her keep the brownie pan and panini maker if I could just take the 3D television, awesome camera, and (of course) the cruise on the one and only Allure of the Seas...okay, maybe I want the panini maker too.
****
I must say both thank you and I am sorry for my "week of woe" post. Life really is good, and I know I am so very blessed to get to stay home with my babe. I am lucky.
And thanks to your words of encouragement and advice I have a new game plan to help me tackle those weeks that seem so empty that they end up being an entirely different version of overwhelming.
All is well friends, all is well.
***
So my week of woe ended with a weekend of wonderful.
Time spent with the baby and the husband, trying new things around C-bus, awesome friends, and planning The Cruise of 2012 (not on the Allure of the Seas, mind you) all made for one amazing weekend.
Plus, my wonderful ward choir came through for me and sang amazingly today during sacrament meeting. The Lord is definitely making up for my short comings with this calling by giving me very talented people to work with.
Lucky for you I am not going to go all Oprah on you and leave you out of enjoying one of my favorite things.
That's right, you can expect a brand new, shiny weekend to be appearing on your doorstep in approximately five business days. Unfortunately baby, family, and friends are not included; but I am sure you can find some lovelies to share your new weekend with. If not, just enjoy the peace and quiet!
A few things we did this fine weekend:
We solidified some Season's Greetings. For the first time this little Palmer family is sending out Christmas cards. And while I would have eagerly jumped on the free Shutterfly bandwagon, I took advantage of another source, my sister Kyrsten, and I must say she far out does that little company online.
We couldn't choose just one, and while we didn't use every single design you might just be one of the lucky 45 people who will be getting one of this beauties in the mail.
I even typed up a Christmas letter...get excited.

See, I told you she was amazing. I love her.
Not to mention that she whipped these all up in just a few short hours.
***
We also spent some time swimming at the indoor pool on campus, eating fresh and hot Krispy Cremes (one of my dad's most favorite treats), cheering the Buckeyes to another not-so-well-fought victory, solving the world's problems with friends, and visiting the zoo in our winter gear to see Ohio's version of Christmas at Temple Square.
I told you it was marvelous.
And just because I think she is the best thing since sliced bread, I will leave you with a few of the Stellar herself.
Happy Turkey Week.
Personally I can't wait to eat, eat, and eat some more. The only problem is I am hosting and cooking...wish me luck!
All bundled up to see the lights. I was pretty much obsessed with her in this little get up.
Swimmer's hair
P.S. A little glimpse of the elusive $10 sweater. What do you think, money well spent or just another bargain gone bad?












10 comments:
Hey Taryn, I thought I should tell you that on occasion I have bopped over to your blog and I really enjoy reading your posts. So, I'm hoping you don't mind if I continue doing so :) I agree with you that Kyrsten is ridiculously talented and for the record I think your sweater is well worth $10.
Money very well spent! Taryn, you are so great! I hope to be as wonderful as you someday... such a cute Mom and homemaker! I hope you're doing great- maybe one day I will see you in person. Until then- I'm loving your blog!
1-I wasn't all that impressed with oprah's favs this year. I mean, I would totally love that camera, but thats about all I wanted. I don't think I'll ever be a 3D tv person. Too much motion sickness involved. ha!
2-I LOVE your brown boots. Where did you get them?
Good weekend, Tar! I'm glad you had a good one. I'm also pretty ticked at Oprah, so we can gossip about her all weekend while I'm there. Love all the Christmas cards and the sweater...money well spent! You'll have to sport it for me while I'm in C-bus...woo hoo! Can't wait!
Love the sweater! I'm so jealous right now.
Cute sweater!!! Love it! I am glad you guys had such a fun weekend... Your cards look fabulous! Stella looks adorable in her coat, hat, and gloves! :)
First off, super cute sweater, totally worth the $10.
Secondly, good luck with all the Thanksgiving hosting and cooking. I would be terrified and I think you are super brave to take it on! You go girl! Happy Thanksgiving!
Hey cute pictures, can't wait to see you.
Taryn,
May I just say that I think we are the same person Really, we are kindred spirits! And I wish you guys lived closer so we could talk each other out of our crazy anxiety attacks and Type A personality traits! Oh well, blogs will have to suffice for now. I was reading your previous post, and it totally sucks to be broke. And yet, we still have to live, no? I'm constantly buying things when I know I shouldn't and then I am wracked with guilt afterward. But who cares, shopping makes me happy! Call me shallow!
Also, I so very jealous of Oprah's favorite things this year, that I literally could not watch it. I changed the channel. Oh, the greed inside of me!
And lastly, I found a quote that sums up what I think you and I feel on a daily basis: "I felt in myself a superabundance of energy which found no outlet in our quiet life." -Leo Tolstoy, "Family Happiness" Hang in there! One day we won't be so poor!
thanks for the shout out homegirl. i miss you. i love you. i love your sweater. its darling. and i love stella. i wont let you take her home come the end of december. sorry... she is mine. from now on. thanks love you. and i really wanted to watch oprah but didnt thanks for making it so i didnt have to.
Post a Comment