Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Hey Soul Sisters


Fresh off our weekly (or bi-weekly or tri-weekly) Skype session, tonight I am thankful for my sisters.

I pretty much have the two most beautiful, most fun, most caring sisters around.
They mean more to me then they will ever know, and I am so thankful for every second I get to spend with them.
I took those seconds for granted quite a bit as I was growing up and again when I only lived what now seems like a very short drive away.
Now I relish each second we spend laughing together, crying together, shopping together, and loving on Stellar together.

I am so grateful they are both there to keep my mom busy and laughing.  Knowing they are there for her, for each other, brings me a lot of peace.


I truly am so lucky to have sisters.
To have best friends that I know will always be there for me; whether I am raiding their closets, calling for a late night chat, or looking for a babysitter at the last minute.
They will always go the extra mile for me and I will do the same for them.



Of course we have had our "disagreements" along the way.
Many people might agree that Kyrsten and I are as similar and as different as two people can be.
And those differences have come to a head a few times, like when I finally owned up to my threat of leaving her behind and heading to school without her...
But as time passes those differences seem to actually bring us closer.  We help to balance each other out, and deep down we know that no matter what we have one another's back.

I think Taigen and I are pretty similar.
Maybe that is because I am 8 years older than her and in turn did what I could to impart my motherly influence throughout her life.  She cracks me up daily, and her beauty and maturity far surpass her short sixteen years.

So far life with sisters has been fabulous, but I can't wait to see what having a sister is like when we can welcome in a sister-in-law; when we all have kids; when we can leave those kids with Grandma and take trips together with our husbands; as life just keeps rolling forward.
I think life with sisters sounds like it just gets sweeter with time.

3 comments:

sam and kyrsten said...

i love you taranch. this was such a beautiful tribute to us as hansen girls. we really do have such a special relationship. one that i am so grateful to be a part of. yes we are as opposite as two people can be. but you are right we balance each other out and we have fun in the process. minus the leaving my butt behind part. ok ok.. now 6 years later i can admit to being a bit slothful. i might still be. but i love you. and i am so thankful to be your sister. you are so beautiful both outside and inside. thank you for so eloquently writing words that we all feel about one another. and ps. thank you for cutting of that swimsuit shot at the boobs. its very much appreciated. i look like a pure gem in all of those shots :)

Ty and Em said...

Agreed. I love my sisters so much. And I really love your sisters too, and you. Can't wait for you to be here for Christmas. Stella is getting so big! I hope she and Piper are friends!

Taig said...

I love you sister :) I'm so grateful for our relationship. I know I can always count on you guys! YOu guys are the best. I love you!! See you soon!.. Oh and those are all terrible pictures. JUST SAYIINNNN.