This year the sweetest part of Halloween wasn't the tootsie rolls, snickers bars, or skittles; it was our favorite little cupcake!
I can not help but laugh out loud every time I look at her wearing that crazy hat.
Love it!
I have disclosed my loathing of the holiday of ghosts and goblins in past rants, and I can't say my feelings have completely changed, but Halloweening with the babe made it admitidly more fun.
And since the holiday fell on a weekend this year that meant not one, not two, but three days of dress up fun.
Oh the joy!
We started off by participating in Beggar's Night on Thursday.
If Halloween falls on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday; Columbus and most of the surrounding suburbs trick-or-treat on Thursday instead. This is to avoid high school football traffic on Fridays, Buckeye football traffic on Saturdays, and conflicts due to religious worship on Sundays.
Mostly I think it is the football thing, though. In Columbus football takes precedence over just about anything, and that includes Halloween.
To celebrate Beggar's Night we headed to a neighboring apartment complex where some friends live.
There are a lot of young, LDS families who live there so all the kids kind of just got in a big group and walked around the complex collecting their loot.
Thankfully Stella had no idea what was going on, so in turn we walked away with no candy.
Instead we just attempted a few photos (as you can imagine none turned out better than the one below) and froze to death. The nice weather we have been enjoying suddenly disappeared and was replaced by freezing temps and chilly wind.
Instead we just attempted a few photos (as you can imagine none turned out better than the one below) and froze to death. The nice weather we have been enjoying suddenly disappeared and was replaced by freezing temps and chilly wind.
Friday and Saturday were spent partying it up which meant a costume for mom and dad.
We decided to stick to the culinary theme which meant my chef hat from classes at Utah State came in handy. Yes, I took a cooking class in college and yes I wore a chef hat while I did it.
My hidden talents are endless.
Ryan was just happy to have an excuse to sport the mustache.
Wait, what was the excuse again?
The parties were wonderful, but of course I didn't manage one picture.
Just imagine one party of calm, relaxed adults playing games and another consisting of 10+ costumed, sugar crazed children, their parents, and photo sessions.
They were both so much fun! We are blessed to have such great friends here.
Someday I might find the ambition to throw a party...
Bon Appetit, Happy Halloween, and welcome to November...
Wow, October went fast!





14 comments:
love your sweet little cupcake and love that the the babes now have matching boots. haha it will never end.
So adorable! I love that tasty little cupcake! Happy H-Ween!
SO CUTE!
Love Stella's costume!!! She is such a doll! :) You guys look pretty cute yourselves!!! Love the chef hats!
She is the cutest little cupcake!! Halloween is more fun with kids!! YOu guys are too cute!
so creative. well done.
Carly almost went as a candy corn and my blog title was goint to be the sweetest thing (you know I title my blogs long before hand). Alas, she wouldn't keep the costume on. Good thing, or we would be in a fight over the title.
your cupcake is adorable. love the sprinkles.
You guys look so cute! So much fun!
Loved the costumes! Stella was pretty darn cute, LOVED the hat!
I love your costumes! What a cute idea. Stella looked adorable too.
She is the most adorable cupcake I've ever seen! Way cute!
Thank you very much for your sweet message on my blog! Pearl Harbor was my inspiration for that shoot, so I was thrilled to read that you felt that way! :)
Cute little girl you have! Good to meet some of Karly's fam! :) I love that girl!
Taryn! I hope everything is going well for you! Just wanted to tell you that Stella is the cutest!!
LOVE HER LITTLE DELICIOUSNESS + your creative chefness.:)
I love all the fun pics on your blog. So happy you had so much fun in CT; and can't wait to see the loot you made out with on the mom/sister shopping extravaganza!!
what a fun idea! I am glad you all dressed up. I agree with everyone else the. cutest. cupcake. ever!
Post a Comment