All bad days must come to an end, right? I am feeling much better today/this week. Sorry for the downer of a post last time, but this is my blog and that is just my life right now- a bit of an emotional roller coaster. A few ups, a couple of sharp turns, crazy twists, and those darn unexpected drops.
Well I think my stomach is finally recovering from the latest drop and tonight I am smiling as we coast slowly back up the hill.
Do you want to know the weirdest part of it all? It is finals week and my week has still been great! Don't worry that Ryan has had not one, not two, not three, but NINE finals this week. No big deal. Actually, yes, it is a big deal and he has been very busy, but we have still seen him a few times this week and he has been pretty cheerful considering the circumstances.
Here she is, adoring fans. The Princess in all her feminine glory. I am dying to go buy her some new fall fashions, but I also die a little inside each time I look at our bank account. So no new clothes for a bit longer. (I will not enter Target. I will NOT enter Target)
Her Highness is doing marvelous. She awoke on Saturday so excited to see us that she burst into applause. It was almost bizarre, really. She had shown no sign of trying to clap prior to that morning (OK, at least that I noticed) and then BAM!...clappy clapperson. I must say it is pretty cute, though.
She also has more teeth! Ryan and I were honestly worried our kids wouldn't have teeth- neither of us had wisdom teeth and between the two of us a few other important chompers are missing as well. We worried for nothing as the little one now has 4 clearly visible pearly whites. Yay for Dad being a Dentist.
We did have the slightest bit of a scare last night when Dad and baby took a little tumble down the stairs. Baby was no worse for the wear except for a few crocodile tears, and Dad made it out with a few bruises and a slightly sprained ankle. I heard the commotion and knew instantly what had happened. Thank goodness Dad was able to hold on tight and absorb the full impact of the fall. Gives new meaning to "taking one for the team".
This week also brought a splendid little surprise right to my very own mailbox. Happy birthday in September! Thanks, Shell, I am devouring it! I am about halfway through and trying to avoid spoilers at all costs.
Peeta..........
More happy things this week:
1. It feels like fall. Love!
2. The infamous Craft Night begins again. Three cheers for women, dinner, craftiness, candy, chatting, and dessert.
We made the "cute" pumpkins I have already so lovingly displayed in my living room. I can put fall decor up now, right?
3. I'm going to Connecticut. In 26 days. To spend an extended weekend with 2 of my best friends. We are going to visit the beach. And New York. And do other fun stuff. So excited!
4. Mother-Daughter-Sister pearl rings:
We have all been coveting pearl rings for a while now and Mrs. Joni had the wonderful idea to make it a little something special and get us all the same one. Even Jace's future wife will have one (and no we have no idea who she is or what size of ring she will wear. We are hoping it is around a 7. If not maybe one of us will be pregnant and we can trade for a bit). So fun.
5. Speaking of our the Elder- he is doing great! He sounds so happy and excited and busy. Already a District Leader. Love him dearly.
6. I am finally (I am really bad) doing something for my calling and starting ward choir up again on Sunday. I am seriously about to pee my pants I am so nervous, but I am secretly kind of excited now too. One obstacle that was weighing on me was having no accompanist, but literally minutes after hesitantly asking for a volunteer I had a winner. I guess doing my part makes it a little easier for the Lord to do his part.
And now I will leave you with a story:
Smile for the birdie!
Wait! What was that?
Mom, did you just see what I saw?!
Move it or lose it, sister!
Almost there......
Victory is mine!!!
We still aren't 100% sure how she gets where she is going, but one thing is for sure- she likes to move it, move it.
Happy Friday!




6 comments:
Yay! Glad you are having such a great week :) I'm pretty sure we need to hang out...unfortunately that probably won't happen with the break/vacations/and family in town, but that will be fun, too! We'll plan a cookout or something soon!
of all people, YOU are allowed as many "downer" posts as you want. especially because your "downer" posts are actually inspirational. but so glad you are feeling good these days.
and I love our common dislike for once upon a child. its lame. if you are ever in Lansing, we will go to the thrifty children's store :) and you're right, DON'T go in target. its pure torture.
how fun!! I cant believe your husband and 9!!!!! finalss WOW!! as a mother of two whose husband is going to school full time i also know that that is much a WOW for you as it is for him!! It takes alot to let your husband work so hard!! Cute little princess you have too! :)
ah im dying about that sweetheart. i had no idea ry took a spill. glad they are ok.. except his ankle i hope its ok. i love you guys.
Love the post! Stella gets cuter every time I see her. Really, don't go into the stores, that's the only way I don't buy or covet the things that are in there! I'm glad you are loving Mockingjay. I love the entire thing! I am SOOOO excited for you to come to CT! I can't believe it is that soon! Time just flies, doesn't it! Love you guys and hope things keep moving in the up direction:)
Taryn! Stella is SO CUTE!!! I want to meet her!
Post a Comment