My house looks like this:
I blame it on a lot of things {laziness, finding better things to do, sickness} but mostly on the sickness.
Most of my week was spent in my sweats curled up in bed due to the dreaded M word.
MASTITIS
You nursing mothers know what I am talking about, and if you don't count yourselves lucky.
Thanks to some modern medicine I am feeling much better and will attempt to clean my disaster of a house soon.
In the meantime I will dream that my house looks like and contains the items below instead of the current decor that fills its walls.
I am not sure what it is about the sunshine, but it is giving me a bad case of redecorating fever!
and this chair
in my front room
now.

I would also take this lamp {or 10 since Ohio homes have NO overhead lighting. annoying.}

White is my new favorite decorating color {and sadly I fully understand the dysfunctional aspect to the color white when you have children}
The room below is my new inspiration for a living room.
I would tweak a few things, but overall I am enjoying the whites and browns quite nicely thank you.
The woman who created {and lives in} this space can be found here. She is good. Real good.
The woman who created {and lives in} this space can be found here. She is good. Real good.
This is a shower curtain, but I would like it to magically become two curtains for my window.
The green one actually costs less than my first born child.
Green one it is. Except tragically it isn't.
I am starting to feel sad about how fast time is going.
We have been home for 3.5 weeks since our last visit West and she has already changed and learned so much.

Some of her new tricks include:It took her a few days to warm up to it, but now she can't get enough of that delicious mush.
A little messy, but a lot of fun.

And roll she does. As often as she can.
This example shows how difficult a simple diaper change has become. And yes, I know it only gets more tricky.
Teething actually wasn't such a bad process for us and we consider ourselves very lucky.
Hopefully this isn't a sign she will have a full set by age one, but I guess if she does she will be in good hands with daddy as her dentist.
This picture also demonstrates her amazing ability to leave a trail of drool where ever she goes.
Today we also went hiking, Ohio style.There is some beautiful scenery just a hop and a skip away from C-bus and we joined some great friends for a spectacular morning outside.
I am ready to go back and stay in one of the many advertised cabins ASAP.
I mean they do include fireplace, hot tubs, and scenic views; and I love me a little bit of each.
So that is a little bit about today.
Tomorrow is the Sabbath, which means my house is still going to look a little scary.
But the sun is scheduled to shine again and the baby will be eating another helping of rice cereal so I am looking ahead with high hopes.



This sweet girl is 5 months old.






12 comments:
Ok yes I love those little teeth AND...I can't wait to see them in person. Can I say that it does make me feel a little better to see that other people's houses have bad days too but I am sad to see that it was due to the M word. I'm glad you are feeling better but sorry I was a bad friend and didn't know sooner! I am loving all of your decorating ideas. I keep thinking I want to decorate but I also keep thinking I'm going to have to find a stash of cash somewhere to fund it, so far I'm still looking.
I'm sorry you have been sick and it's perfectly ok and normal to let your house go while you recover. I would like to give you some advice before you start decorationg.. Wait until you have a house. I decorated our apartment to our apartment and now I don't like anything, but then again I change my mind one too many times. I can't believe how big Stella is. She is becoming more and beautiful.
oh man. so much about this post makes me smile. first of all. you better lock that little butter cup up because she is going to be a BABE! those lips and those eyes. love her little cheetah outfit. and hOLY COW 5 months. and those teetH! and i didnt know she was eating real food now! when did she start? i guess we should be talking on the phone more! and your hike looks like a lot of fun. let go when you get home. we will have lots of places to go... island park bear lake. anywhere we want really. cant wait to see you. and im loving all the decor too. im aching for some new stuff. maybe you should help me while your home. i cant wait to see you guys. tell ry love him. ok ok i know this is long enough. why dont you just call me already!
I'm so sorry you were sick again. Sounds like no fun at all. I haven't been sick for awhile and my house looks like that a lot. Wish I had good excuses, but I don't. Glad you're feeling better.
I love the white decorating too! And that green bedspread!!!
My two favorite pictures in this post:
Stella drooling
&
The last one with dad on the hike - such a cute face :)
You poor thing :( Ive had my fair share of nursing/breast issues also so i really feel your pain. I love the look on stellas face on one of the last pics! So cute!
Our houses all look like that at one time or another. just wait until you have more than one kiddo and they are old enough to desroy your house in a matter of minutes. The cleaning will never end :) I heard you got a Zoo pass! Let's go!!
I feel for you and completely understand how a house can get messy when you feel that way. I had mastitis 4 times in the two month period I nursed. It's good to hear your on the mend though.
Thanks for checking out the Hocking Hills with us! I want to cross a few of these things off my list...time is going so fast!
Glad you are feeling better...I hear that is simply awful! You are a rockstar for having to deal with that.
I hear you on the decorating as well...too bad I have no dinero to make anything like that happen! I would love to redo Tucker/baby boy #2's room, but am afraid a coat of paint is all I'm gonna get. One day we can actually post pictures of our own cute houses when the $$ is coming in instead of continually going deeper into debt!
You don't know me, but Heather A. is my niece and I have followed your blog from her link and just wanted to say how refreshing it is to read your posts! I love how real you are and are not afraid to tell it like it really is. My 3 kids range from 14 to 21 and trust me, this won't be the end of days like that, but you will one day look back and smile at the memories of this season of your life and wonder how time flies by as fast as it does. I haven't fed a baby rice cereal for a long time, but I remember it like it was yesterday. You are truly inspirational and I enjoy the things you make me think about when I visit your blog. Hope you don't mind that I read, or that I chose to finally send you a little note. I was telling Heather just the other day what a great person I thought you were and I haven't even met you. She told me that you truly are.
Thanks again for this post. It was truly what I needed to read today.
Sorry you were sick! I had no idea! Nothing that a few weeks with familia can't heal. Well, I wouldn't know...really, but I hope so!
Cheetah? Really? You're killing me. Can I borrow some of her clothes? Thanks.:)
I am sorry you have been sick! Mastitis is the worse!! It is way worse then the flu or anything else you could get! Heat packs always helped me! Hopefully you are feeling a lot better!
Stella is soo adorable by the way! I love her cute cheetah outfit! She is definitely one styling little girl! :)
Taryn! A) Your little girl is adorable B) Your house looks cute even when it's messy C) Mine looks like that but I don't have a cute little baby to show for it (Jason doesn't count) D) I'm working for someone who knows you! Dr. Dan Linford is the new associate at my new office. He says he knew of you guys and you had a mutual friend? Jordan? Does that ring a bell? I just wanted to tell you! I was so excited. Small world. That's all for now
ok,so i have that green bedspread only in black. don't you love it? i love that room with the big photos of the kids. i would LOVE to do that. it was so good to see you in island park. your cheerleading skills are stupendous.
Post a Comment