- What it truly means to love, serve, and respect your best friend
- How to stress a little less and enjoy life a little more
- That is always works out in the end. And he's right, it really does.
- What "right through the wickets", "can of corn", and "throwing heat" might mean
- To love an all American pastime
- That watching your husband become a father is a marvelous sight
- That enduring unimaginable pain, fatigue, and fear does not have to make you a bitter or cynical person- That I can do things that seem impossible
- That we can truly learn from and be humbled by the past
- How to love the outdoors and the many adventures that lie within
- That supporting your children means driving 8 hours one way to watch a baseball game and then turning around and driving back home the same night
- Even if you don't desire it or feel capable of it, you accept any call that is given
- What it truly means when they say the dog is man' s best friend
- When Christmas comes around and you hear the words "We really cut back this year," it is only an empty threat
- That true happiness can be found sitting around a campfire, playing whiffle ball, and watching movies in a bully barn
- That a funny email can make your whole day a little better
- That spending time with your sweetheart traveling the world on motorcycles or in a camp trailer makes for some great memories and pictures
- That Bear Lake is one of the happiest places on earth
- There is no need to hire a carpenter, painter, or plumber when you can do it all yourself
- What it truly means to have faith and endure to the end
- How to keep your head up when everyone else is trying to drag you down
- That organization is NOT a bad thing
- How to mow a straight line, what constitutes a complete stop, and the best way to shoot a jump shot
***
I am so grateful that my relatively short life has been influenced by all of these great men. I am even more grateful that my daughter now has the opportunity to interact with and learn from each and every one of them.
I love them all very much and am thankful for each conversation we share, each moment we spend together, and each time a lesson they taught me helped me make the better choice in life.
***
I am so thankful for Ryan and for the wonderful father he is.
Stella is so lucky to have him as her daddy forever, because she still has a lot to learn and he is already the best teacher.
I had no doubt Ryan was going to be a great dad, but seeing him with his baby girl still amazes me each day.
We love you!!!


3 comments:
Taryn,
I always love your posts! They are so heartfelt and inspiring and I admire you for it! I honestly think you should write a book some day. You are awesome girl! The men in your life are lucky to have YOu too!!! :)
im lucky to have those cuties in my life too. we sure got lucky!
I love this post Taryn, you make me smile. :)
Post a Comment