
So if you didn't realize it, yesterday was Easter. Stella got some stuff. Nothing she needed (a.k.a. a few more items of clothing, some cute shoes that probably won't fit her for a year, and some headbands to add to her collection). She also got a play mat so she can lie on her back and look at toys. So far she isn't too interested in it. Oh well, I am sure it won't be the first grand idea I come up with that my child doesn't seem to think is quite so grand. Ryan and I shared an Easter basket. We- ahem, I mean the Easter Rabbit, gave us a movie because yesterday I made up a tradition that we would get a movie each year for Easter. This year it was
The Blind Side. It is good. Good enough that I (EB) spent eighteen precious dollars on it. We also got Reese's Eggs. Why do those dang things taste so much better than the good old cups? We may never know.

Stella was so excited she decided to lead the
Halelujiah Chorus. I love this face. It is classic Stella. Which brings me to another question....can a 10 week old (yes, she will be 1o weeks tomorrow) have a "classic" face. I say yes.
We had a great end of the week/weekend. We spent Thursday celebrating my day of birth. It was great. No one even played a joke on me. And trust me, it has happened before. Not very nice to do to the birthday girl folks. But the day was truly grand as we spent a full day as a little family shopping at the outlets and actually buying a few items (thank you donators of birthday money), eating out, and getting our first Rita's of the year. Delicious.
The rest of the weekend was spent enjoying the words of our Church leaders during General Conference. Once again it was a wonderful two days full of inspired words that brought the Spirit into our home and provided opportunities for personal revelation. I love that even with all the millions of members worldwide, we can each find what we are searching for in the words of the Prophet and his Apostles. We hope you got as much out of it as we did and walked away from the weekend with a resolve to be better. Not perfect, just better.
Easter Sunday was spent with some of our favorite Ohioans and our favorite foods. Cafe Rio salads, ham, yummy potatoes, orange rolls, salads, and a delicious drink were just a few of the items that filled our bellies. I don't think we stopped eating all day and thus should have been satisfied for the rest of the week. But alas, we consumed dinner tonight. Oh well. At least I went to the gym today. I may have only spent 45 minutes there (and that might have included drive time), but at least I was there. A small but important victory indeed.
Oh and did I mention it has been warm here? Like really warm...like 80+ record breaking degrees. And when the records weren't being broken we had to sit at a comfortable 75ish. Wow, I love the sunshine. It is the most amazing thing ever. And I know all you Westerners are hating me right about now....I love you :)
Dang she is cute. She is getting more fun each day. Her little personality is showing and she is just lighting up our lives with her frequent smiles and little conversations. I am truly amazed at how much I am enjoying each stage. She is sleeping sooo much better and has stopped spitting up so much. It was like someone flipped a switch. She went from spitting up 10+ times after a feeding to maybe 3. Now she just drools. And she drools a lot. She makes bubbles out of her drool so it is a little bit cuter, but drool is drool. Next stop- vaccinations. Friday is the day and not going to lie, I will probably be crying right a long with her. But I it is all for a good cause I suppose.
Well I guess all that is left to say is happy spring....I am sending warm weather vibes to wherever you may be!

4 comments:
So cute Taryn! there is nothing better than being the Easter Bunny, and Santa! Holidays are so much more fun with kids. Enjoy every min. PS. Happy birthday!
i am dying here because i cant click and enlarge these adorable pictures of my baby. yes... my baby :) i love her. she looks so cute. i cant believe she is growing up... didnt i just see her a week ago and she was doing all of the spitting up and not smiling so much things... oh sad. i get to see you in about 4 weeks though. im counting down the days. i miss you guys like crazy. please keep sending me lovely pictures of that beauty and email me these adorable easter ones! i need some framed for my car/home! :)
Oh that little Stella! She seriously is so cute. I love the Easter dress. That sneaky little Easter Bunny :) I really am mad that you are getting to enjoy the warm weather because as I am writing this, it is a blizzard outside. Thank you Cache Valley.
I'm glad the babe is doing better with the spit up and the sleep. That makes life much better for you. And of course I am still coming in June! I can't wait to see you all again.
She really is beautiful Taryn!
Post a Comment