So my mom says that students are often assigned to write an essay about how they spent the free time provided by school breaks. Although she herself has never completed such an assignment and she is pretty sure only students in movies and TV shows are required to write such a pointless essay she decided it is time I start preparing for my future academic success and get a writing.
My spring break destination didn't consist of tropical beaches or ocean views (those vacations were taken the previous 3 spring breaks of which I wasn't around to spend with my mom and dad. However, those characteristics are always welcome at any time). However, I was able to spend some quality time in fresh mountain air and with some of the greatest people I have ever met (and at 9 weeks old I have met a lot of people).
My spring break destination didn't consist of tropical beaches or ocean views (those vacations were taken the previous 3 spring breaks of which I wasn't around to spend with my mom and dad. However, those characteristics are always welcome at any time). However, I was able to spend some quality time in fresh mountain air and with some of the greatest people I have ever met (and at 9 weeks old I have met a lot of people).
My great vacation started off with introductions. For the first time I was able to meet my two wonderful grandpas. Grandpa Scott and Grandpa Jeff both seemed pretty excited to meet and snuggle me. Mom can't help but worry about Grandpa Scott, but I sure think he is great and am so glad we got to spend some time together. He even celebrated another year of life while I was home and Mom says that is something we can really be thankful for. I am excited for more adventures with both grandpas including fishing trips and playing This Little Piggy...and I will know just where to look for Grandpa Scott's littlest piggy :)
I was also able to meet the rest of my aunts and uncles, great grandparents, and most of my cousins while we were home. I have so many people who love me! Aunt Ashlie taught me cheers and introduced me to the cows and Uncle Jace gave me a chance to watch my first baseball game! I just wish my dad could have been in town to watch it with me and teach me all the rules!
Birthdays were all the rage during the break. Not only did I get a little older and wiser too (I am 2 months now!!!), but Grandpa Scott, Uncle Lance, my cousin Angie, Uncle Greg, Brielle's mom Breanne, and my Mom all celebrated their birthdays. Even though my mom's birthday actually isn't until tomorrow we had to celebrate with everyone. And it sure was fun!


When mom and I were finally reunited with dad it was so great! I really missed him and was so excited, because he was in town to give me a wonderful blessing. On Sunday, March 21st my daddy along with Grandpa Jeff and Grandpa Scott, Great Grandpa Marv, and my awesome Uncles Sam, Taylor, and Greg gave me a very special blessing. It contained special promises and many of the desires my parents have for my future. It was such a special day and there were so many people there to support me and my family. I wore the same dress my mom wore when she was blessed 24 years ago, but we added a few special touches such as the pearl beads. I also had my own new shoes and the flower on my head was made out of one of Grandpa Scott's old white shirts. He is pretty skinny now and so he had a few old shirts to spare!
Although we didn't get any sleepovers in (I saved those late nights for my grandmas and for my mama now that I am home...) I was able to hang out with some great friends. My BFF Brielle and I were finally reunited and all us cute babies gave our moms a great excuse to go to lunch. I hope I can move back to Logan someday so we can all hang out more often!
Some of my favorite memories from the break started the moment I set eyes on beautiful Bear Lake. We all spent a few lazy days at the cabin where I don't think I was put down for longer than 5 minutes. Wait...that was 5 minutes over the entire 2 weeks! Anyways, Bear Lake was wonderful and I can not wait to return this summer and hit the beach (pretty please, daddy!?!?)
Now that I am back home in Ohio I am going to try to learn how to sleep again and enjoy the nice weather. Mom says it is supposed to hit nearly 80 degrees this week. That means lots of walks and one happy mom (if the sleep thing works out). But life in Utah and Idaho sure seems like fun. I really wish I could visit more and hope that someday I can stay forever! But until then I will just have to look forward to my next essay: How I Spent My Summer Vacation...because if I (and my mother) have any say in the matter it will take place out west!
9 comments:
That was so cute. Stella is way ahead of the game if she's writing like that already. I will support your hopes of a Utah summer vacation, if you need someone to back you up. I cannot wait to get out there--especially with the baby after he arrives (soon hopefully).
I've been waiting for this post! Looks like it was a great visit. I love Stella's blessing apparel, so many special parts to it. She looked beautiful. Sorry again that we weren't able to make it or see you while you were here. I think my favorite picture of the bunch is the last one, your dad with his 4 girls. You have such a fun and cute family. Can't believe Stella is 2 months old. Time is really flying by.
Looks like you guys had a great time! She is soooo cute! Tell P you need to come back this summer so we can do a friend get together... I need to see all these new babies! Tell him that pig misses him, maybe that'll convince him ;)
well that was a great report and I can tell she had fun! I was so glad to see you guys and hate that it goes by so fast. I will be counting down till June! I love you and miss you guys! happy birthday, if it wasn't 2 hours ahead there I would have for sure given you a b day call, best birthday :)
Wow Stella! A+ You did great! I am excited to read your next paper. You sure looked beautiful in your blessing outfit. I really love the pearls, you really are a lucky girl and I can tell that your parents love you so much. I am excited to meet you someday, and in the mean time let your mom get some sleep! PS I love your smilie in the last picture!
Good essay Stella! You can just see how loved she was in all those pictures - I'm sure they were sad to see you guys go :( We will just have to live it up in this awesome weather to make you feel better!
P.S. I didn't realize it was your Birthday TODAY when I talked to you earlier - Happy Birthday!
So cute, Tar! I absolutely love that post! You are such a cute mom and I'm so glad I was able to see you even if it was for just a minute. I just think you're so great Tar! I'm glad you and Ryan had fun and I give you a vote to come out west for your summer vacation, so let Ryan know;-) You guys rock!
stella you are so talented. without a doubt you will win young authors with flying colors. :) tar i freakin love the 2 month old picture of stella. please email it to me... with any other cuties you have. oh my heck that little girl is lovely. i dont know what to do with myself every baby i see makes me miss my magellan. i love you guys. cant wait to see you again. it will be soon perhaps 3 or 4 weeks. dont grow too much stella luna!
Post a Comment