Like most of us know, there are times in life when trials or thoughts of the future can overwhelm our senses and cloud out the miracles and beauty that continually surround us. Lately it has been far too easy to lose myself in thoughts of "what if" and "why now". But then the Spirit whispers peace to my soul and the Lord provides tender mercies that remind me that no matter our circumstance, each day is a fresh start with endless possibilities.
A few of those reminders:

A little birdie decided to build her nest atop the wreath that is hung on our door. Never mind the fact that the wreath is of the Christmas/Winter variety and I just never got to taking it down after Stella was born. So yes, I am one of those tacky houses with Christmas-y decor still in view. Sorry neighbors (not that they in anyway care...have you seen my neighborhood?!?)
When I finally got around to taking the wreath down I discovered the freshly built nest. There weren't any eggs in it yet, but I didn't know what to do. Should I take the nest off and force Mrs. Birdie to reconstruct her home elsewhere or just leave it be? I decided to wait and ask Ryan about it when he got home. I think I ended up forgetting to talk to him about it for a day or two and when the decision was made to remove the nest...it was too late. The eggs were already laid. As soon as I saw the beautiful eggs my motherly instincts kicked in and I worried that we had scared off mommy bird and the eggs were going to be left for dead. Of course the nest was now staying.
Thankfully Mrs. Birdie still visits the door regularly and the eggs seem to be doing fine (no, I don't really know that...but they are still there). Each time I see momma bird or think of the little eggs it is another reminder that life truly comes full circle.
The amazing blossoms that are overtaking our neighborhood and fill our view on our daily walks have also reminded me that although there are times in life when we mostly feel and see the grey skies and rain, tomorrow or next week or next month the sun is going to shine again and our sights of grey and gloom are going to be replaced with color and beauty.I think that is what we all love about spring. Being able to start anew. Experiencing spring with Stella is also such an awe inspiring event. As we stroll beneath the blossom covered branches her eyes light up with each new sight. She is truly experiencing things in life for the first time and it is so refreshing to try and see the world through her big, beautiful blue eyes.

Speaking of our little beauty, she is 3 months old now! And what a perfect reminder she is of how wonderful life is. Her smiles and coos and LAUGHS (first laugh just a few days ago! We have decided she is a serious one...kind of like her mom and dad?) and everything little thing she learns each day brings such joy to our lives.
At her 2 month/10.5 week appointment she checked out to be 11 pounds 4 ounces and 22 and 1/2 inches of pure perfection.
The dreaded tummy time. Let's just say she isn't much of a fan. Today was our best attempt yet though, so maybe things are looking up...haha.

10 comments:
I think you cutie-pie looks like you! She is a doll! :)
Stella is gorgeous! I loved your post. Even though I don't have as much going on in my life at the moment, it is so good to remember that each day we can start over and it's not just over if you mess up or doubt something that day. Thanks, Tar. You're amazing!
you and i are like the Target queens ;) i love those cheapo baby legs. . . carly has the same ones. you will love them when stella starts crawling.
and way to go with the three columns! looks really good!
Thanks for sharing. I appreciate your positive outlook on life. We all have our trials and it's so important to count our blessings. Thanks for reminding me to do that. You're awesome and your sweet little girl is precious. Have a great week!
Stella is sooo cute! Missed you guys in Poky. Hope things are going good for you. Thanks for you blog post...we all need to remember this sometimes.
she is looking especially cute in that headband :) only sad thing about being 3 months old is that she doesn't look like a newborn anymore! So fun to see her bright beautiful eyes, it really can make any moment seem a little better.
im loving this baby. i love you too. and i love the new layout of your blog. and i love this post.. love love love everything i guess! glad things are looking up! :) by the way your just like mom with the birds nest!
Hey Taryn, right now you are just keeping the the eggs in the nest. In a few the little eggs will burst open with the cutest little baby birds but then you cant use your front door. I made everyone go to he garage with a note attached to the door. that is when I bought that card from the kid from ISU because he read the note and didn't bothermy birdies. But, the next year I took my wreath down faster!!!! See you soon. You and Erin will be here at the same time!! Love mom
You remind me of so many good things. It's refreshing. Love you Taryn! Have a great day.
Oh, those eggs are cute! Just think, if you run out of eggs while your cooking you have some available right on your front door - jk, that was a cruel joke. Stella is too dang cute - I love her!
Post a Comment