Welcome to the world, beautiful!
Stella Rose Palmer
January 26, 2010 11:03 am
6 pounds, 4 ounces
19 inches long
Our beautiful baby girl made her debut on Tuesday, January 26. And yes, we are already madly in love and think she is the absolute cutest thing to ever join the world. You can all agree or disagree on this point, just don't let us know if it is the later :)
Some things you might want to know:
1. The version/ECV/turn did not work. Miss Stella arrived via c-section.
2. The section went flawlessly and I am feeling great. After attempt number three to turn her (and lots of bruises later) her heart rate dropped quit significantly causing a little bit of chaos to errupt and an "emergency" c-section to be needed. However, her heart rate stabalized quickly and although we were enjoying the sound of her sweet cry a mere 10 minutes later it was anything but emergent or scary.
3. I nearly passed out twice getting my IV (in my defense they had to make THREE attempts) and again while getting my epidural/spinal. However, I never gave into my body's demands and stayed conscious throughout.
4. The Ohio State University Medical Center = lots of students = lots of people in the OR, knocking on my door at 6 in the morning, and seeing a lot more of me then they really probably wanted to see.
5. Ryan wasn't able to watch the epidural, but was present for the attempted version and the section. He was great at comforting, filming, taking photos, and experiencing all the emotions of a first time father all at the same time. He really is amazing.
6. Although after most c-sections at OSU the baby is taken to the nursery while mom is sewn back together and then recovers (leading to up to 3-4 hours apart), I was adamant about wanting her with me at all times possible and getting skin to skin and breastfeeding started. Luckily I had a great nurse who helped talk to the pediatricians and a GREAT doctor who wanted those things too. So I was able to have her with me for nearly two hours immediately after the section. We did have to be apart for a couple hours, but it was so wonderful to have that initial time with her.
7. Breastfeeding is getting better with each passing hour, but it is hard. Hard and totally worth it.
8. So glad to have Grandma Joni here and Aunt Kyrsten and Aunt Taigen will be arriving shortly!
9. We get to leave the hopsital tomorrow, but have enjoyed our time here recovering and relaxing as a new family.
10. She is the cutest thing in the world and we love her so much. Before the big day I would tell Ryan how scared I was that I just wouldn't like her or think she was cute. Ha. I was so naive.
**Enjoy the beauty**
31 comments:
Oh my goodness! She looks just like you! Seriously! Sooo adorable. Congrats, I'm glad everything turned out great. Can't wait to meet her...probably later rather than sooner but hopefully not too late...hehehe! Take care and give that baby girl some loves for me.
I forgot to mention that you look great mama!
Okay, you're right. She is the cutest little thing in the entire world. Well, other than our cuties of course! :) Haha. She is beautiful. Congrats. So glad Joni is there to help you and to see Miss Stella!
Congrats guys!!! She is beautiful!
Congrats you guys! She is so adorable. So glad to hear everything went well.
YAY i have been checking every day to see if you had posted yet. Taryn she is so pretty! I am so happy for you :) It makes me want to go back in time and have my little Ella that tiny again! Little Stella is a beauty, and you look amazing as always! Congrats!
She is SO perfect and OH SO BEAUTIFUL!!! CONGRATS YOU TWO!
I am in love with her already. I adore that you already have her snazzed up in the hospital, headbands and all! Now that Piper is nearly 5 months old, these newbie photos are making me nostalgic for her younger, newer days. I am so glad that everything went well with the c-section. Ohh, I just want to cuddle her. She really is the sweetest.
She is sooo cute!!! Really she does look just like you Taryn!!! Oh enjoy her cute little newborn stage on the cuddling mine is 6 months old and never wants to cuddle I just want to hold her!!! Congrats!!! You look fab as well!!!
Oh, what a beautiful, happy, healthy baby girl. I'm so excited for you and Ryan. You are a tough girl, I easily would have passed out. Hope your recovery continues to go well and keep loving that sweet baby girl! Love the pictures and can't wait to see more. Congrats!
I'm so glad that she's here and everything went okay. I'm also glad that you got to keep her with you after the birth! I can't imagine going through all of that and not being able to just have my baby with me for a few hours afterward. Just heart-braking. She is so cute and does look just like you to me! How fun! You and Ryan look so natural as Mom and Dad!
congrats! she is beautiful.
taranch i love her. i am so happy to be here to see her finally. she is the most beautiful thing ive ever seen! i just want to keep on squeezing her. i love you guys! all THREE of you!
Oh she is so beautiful! Congrats! I am glad that everthing went okay, it sounds like there where a couple of good scares. I'm glad she is doing so good. You already have her so dolled up so cute, you are such a cute Mom! Motherhood sure is wonderful. Welcome! :0)
Taryn she is adorable! Just looking at your pictures makes me so excited to see my little guy! I am so happy everything went okay and that you and baby are doing good. I can't wait till we get to see little Stella. By that time you'll probably get to meet our little guy too! How exciting! Continue to keep us updated! I'll have to chat with you later on how that whole breastfeeding thing is going. :) I'll need all the tips I can get...
Congrats!!! She is sooo cute!! I'm glad everything turned out well for you and that you are recovering so well! You will love being a mom!! It's the best and most rewarding calling ever!!
She is the cutest thing ever and I'm really not saying that just to be nice. She has a beautiful face, which just so happens to look just like her beautiful mommy! Congrats, we are jealous and can't wait to join you in the parenthood club soon. Love you guys!
Congratulations! I can't believe how much she looks like you!
Hold her and love her every second - it goes by so dang fast!!
Congrats! She is beautiful! I'm glad to hear that everything went well.
She is so beautiful!!!
seriously, she is do dang cute!
Yay!!! She is beautiful, we are so happy for you guys. Enjoy all the sleepless nights and wonderful times ahead! They go by really fast.
So glad all is going well. She is adorable, and she does look more like her momma! We love you guys!
Oh Taryn and Ryan! She is absolutely gorgeous! You guys make great kids! And of course Taryn looks great after giving birth! Good luck you guys! You are going to make amazing parents. SHe is one lucky girl! Welcome Stella! Can't wait to meet you!
She is so little and so cute! I love the cute pictues. I'm glad your c-section went good. Good for you being adamant about skin to skin and breastfeeding right after she was born! I'm so happy for you!
What a sweet little cutie! Congratulations. I'm so glad everything went well and that you're feeling good. Love ya
Congrats on Stella. She is a beauty and we are so happy for you. Glad everything went well and OSU let you keep her for the first couple hours. Good for you knowing that's what you wanted in advance.
Congrats! Congrats! Congrats! She's beautiful!
So cute! I think she looks a a lot like you!
Oh she is so cute, and you look great. Congrats!
taryn....she is sooo precious! it's good to hear you are both doing great. i'm so happy for you and your husband.
Post a Comment