To be jolly and merry and bright. And a little lonely due to the fact that my husband has 6 of 8 finals left to take before Thursday afternoon. And a little sad about the fact that I just returned from my semi-annual trip West to visit with friends and family. Which was oh so wonderful.
Tis the season to welcome the first snowfall with an unimpressed groan and to decorate our apartment with an amazingly over sized Christmas tree. Like really it nearly takes up our entire living room.
Tis the season for life changing events (births, mission calls, engagements, and weddings), parties, family bonding, and...babies? Oh yes, the babies. Ready for the Utah/Idaho recap? Here goes...
The Parties

Kyrsten was the hostest with the mostest this past week. Between a wonderful baby shower for myself and a bridal shower for our cousin this lady just might be partied out. But if I know Kyrsten like I think I do then probably not. Her flower making, goldfish giving skills were out of this world and made for several nights of fun.

One of the events hosted by Kyrsten and my great cousin Emily was a baby shower in honor of our own Little Miss P. So many wonderful friends and family came to support and everyone looked "pretty in pink", just as the invitation ordered. Emily and Kyrsten (okay and my mom and even myself) spent a great deal of time making flowered headbands and broaches for all of those in attendance. It was so much fun!

Little Miss P was again spoiled in Logan at a shower put on by Ryan's wonderful mother and my great sisters-in-law. I was able to spend a little time with so many wonderful friends and family and wish I would have had more time to visit with each person. There was no shortage of baby bumps, actual babies, food, and gifts. So much fun!

The Family Bonding

Oh I just love my "little" bro. After a wonderful football season complete with the flowing locks of his famous mullet he is now showing of his skills on the hardwood. I was able to attend a couple of games and what a stud he is. He is beyond a great kid and I hope he knows how much I love him and how proud I am of him. In a short 7 months he can leave on his mission. It is so crazy. But after spending the last week with him I have no doubt he could leave tomorrow and be the best missionary out there. Not like I am biased or anything.

Oh and look at him. So happy to be having his picture taken. I was able to go with my dad to one of his weekly treatments. Not many upsides to chemo, but he does get to take a three hour nap once a week while wrapped up in a warm quilt and with a coke and cookies by his side. I know, but I have to put a good spin on it somehow. After a long and challenging few months I was able to be home for some good days full of a little more energy and a sudden craving for a Big Mac. My mom says being on chemo and being pregnant are a lot a like. I might have to agree.

Some of the most beautiful, talented, and wonderful ladies in my life!

Got a little crazy playing SCUM

The Babies
Remember the babies? I told you there were babies.

My mom's best friend from high school has a daughter my age and we have also become great friends over the years. We lived in different towns growing up, but always found a way to share some of the greatest times of our lives. Now it is time for us both to be moms! It is crazy.

Peace. Love. Q2. Former roommates. Future mothers. Leah is still feeling pretty good at this point and is still so tiny. She is having a little boy. We all know my story. Still feeling good, but getting more and more anxious and excited for this little girl to arrive. At the moment this picture was taken Breanne was wondering why in the world she was still pregnant enough to be in it. Stay tuned for more details on that...

Breanne and I met up on Thanksgiving morning to ensure we got a pregnant picture together. We could have gotten at least 5 more (and did I think) as little Brielle didn't decide to make her entrance to the world until Thursday, December 3. Her arrival that day ensured I would be able to see her on my way to the airport on Sunday. Thanks, Brielle.

You may think I covered it all, but there is no way I did. So many fun memories were made and being the 8 months (!!!) pregnant girl I am a few tears were shed as well. I can't believe the next time I head West will be with a 6 month old baby. So many changes lie ahead for my family in the next few months and being in Ohio means I have to miss quite a few. It also means everyone else misses our big change. It makes being back in Ohio rather bittersweet. Bitter for the obvious reasons, but sweet because our little family will soon increase from 2 to 3. 8 weeks people...8 WEEKS!!!
13 comments:
You look amazing and I'm so glad you had so much fun! Hopefully you got everything back to Ohio! Oh and it was so good to see baby Brielle. I hadn't seen pics yet and the three(or I guess 4!) of you look so cute.
Looks like you had a fabulous trip. I'm glad you had a good time. I can't believe the time is flying by so fast that you will have your little one in no time. Good luck with everything!!
I totally feel ya. Having Carly so far away from family is hard because you feel like they are missing out on so much.
Glad you like your LionHeart. Hopefully Little Miss P will find as much joy in him as Carly does.
And I'm going to force my mom to hand over the headband she got at your shower. I've always wanted one of Kyrsten's creations;-)
tar i miss you so so much already. this post made me a little teary eyed. i am so glad i got to see you and baby p! she is the very best! so are yoU! i hope you know how much i love you! it was so much fun to have you here! i cant wait to see you again! dont stay away too long!
ps erin your welcome to any creation you ever want... i wont promise greatness though!
Yes i was so glad to see you! I still can not believe that you are so small and just glowing! You look wonderful tar! I cant wait when you come again! Keep me posted during the next 8 WEEKS!!! love you girl
It was so nice to see my long lost pregnant friend! You look so cute with your belly! I am glad you got to enjoy your family and see Breanne and her little baby.I can only imagine how great it was for you! Hang in there as you are away from your family over Christmas! Love you!
haha oops! Blaise was logged into his g-mail account! Just ignore BLAZE said... because it should say THE LARSONS said.. =)
What a fun vacation! Glad you got to get home to have all those fun memories! I know you are sad to be away from home for all those things you miss back home, but we are sure glad you are here with us to share many memories here!
Looks like so much fun! I need to learn more about the goldfish. I'm fascinated...
I'm so glad to have you back "home" where you belong.:)
Let the most hideous sweater win!
looks like you had so much fun - you and your babe were spoiled! You are looking oh so pregnant (in a good way) you look fab! I will see you soon(ish)!
Aw, glad you had such a great vacation! I am sorry I wasn't able to go to your shower. Our ward Christmas party was at the same exact time. I'm so glad you had such a great time and got so many cute things!
So ready:) Don't you just love our moms!? It was so fun to get to hang out with you while you were home! I'll keep ya updated...Hopefully this little guy decides to show his face to the world soon! We are so excited!
Post a Comment