Monday, December 14, 2009

Just Waiting On The Stork

So after a meager 7 weeks (which was supposed to be 3) our little girl's room is finally done! It took so long for her bedding to get to us it was ridiculous. Luckily we didn't really need to have it right away or I would have been a lot more unhappy with the company we ordered through. But alas it arrived and this weekend we were finally able to put the finishing touches on her humble abode. So for those of you wondering...the S does represent her name. It seems we have finally decided on the first name of Stella. After traveling home for Thanksgiving and hearing our families refer to my burgeoning belly as little baby Stella it helped confirm it for us. We are still debating the middle name. We are going to go with a family name and have a few options. So that revelation will have to wait until another day.





Here is dad putting all her diapers away. Friday afternoon we received the ginormous box full of baby stuff that I shipped back from Idaho. So many people were so very generous in getting Stella the things she needed. I can honestly say that with her room put together and her closet full we are pretty much just waiting on her. This week we need to make a few more "big" purchases, like her stroller/car seat, but we have it all picked out and are just waiting for the chance to use our coupon this week.


So for the most part I feel like we are pretty set in the items we need. But I am going to ask for some advice from all you moms out there. What could you not live with out? It can be anything! Anything you found that made the transition to motherhood just a little bit easier. Let us know!

Wow. And then we have me. 33 weeks in this picture. And looking oh so fabulous, huh? Oh well. This is what I look like now and I guess I will want to remember it sometime. We were able to go to the doctor last week and have another ultrasound which confirmed a few things for us.

1. She is still a girl. Thank goodness.

2. She is growing healthy and strong and is now sitting at around 4 pounds! I can't even believe it!

3. Right now she is sitting breech and unless she decides to flip in the next few weeks she will be arriving via C-section. So lets all hope she flips!

4. We just get more and more excited to meet our little Stella each day and already think she is the cutest thing around!

28 comments:

Saunja said...

Wow! You are READY. Her room is so dang adorable. You and your mom did a great job. So cute. Joni's got some skills! And I love the bedding. Glad it's here- finally!

The Gray Gang said...

ADORABLE bedroom! I LOVE IT! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the bumbo and the boppy!!! We started Julia sitting in the bumbo when she was old enough to hold her own head (around 2 months) and we are still using it tons (6 months!) It is awesome!

Erin_C said...

I heart medela's tender care nipple cream (ok, maybe TMI but way better than Lansinoh in my opinion) and kiddopotomus swaddle blankets. I fully credit swaddling to Carly's sleeping through the night since 1 month old.(but of course it depend on the baby;-)

Erin_C said...

oh yeah and I love the room! gorgeous. I didn't expect anything less from you crafty ladies;-)

HARKER FAMILY said...

Taryn I love the room. To be honest the first time I saw that bedroom set I was actually wishing i had tons of money so I could redo Preslie's room (even though she was almost one) But everything looks soo cute! And yes I agree with the nipple cream stuff. But I would also strongly suggest that you start using it NOW it really helps.

Jamie Boyd said...

What could I not live without? The Babywise book! But I ignored all the really crazy uptight advice in the book and just stuck to a few of the basic principles, like the order of eat, play, sleep and all the stuff about making her eat full meals instead of snacking. Sleeping through the night by 6-9 weeks is totally worth it, but like I said, you kind have to pick and choose what to actually use from the book.

Allyson said...

What a lucky little princess girl--a room fit for a queen?! Hello? Yes. The rainboots in the corner are still my favorite.

The name? Couldn't be more fitting and/or more adorable.

Please come soon Stella; save us from January.:)

Britni said...

The bedding was worth the wait! She needs to get here....I'm getting a little anxious about it!

Bradley and Nicole said...

I love your room! How exciting! Brad and I BOTH love love love Carson's vibrating chair he would always take his best naps in that chair and his new recent love is his jumper that kid could jump in that thing allll day long! Which makes for one happy mom that can get things done around the house! GOOD LUCK!!!

Elise said...

Oh my gosh that little girl is living in style! It is so cute! You guys did a great job. You are looking so cute, by the way. I know you may not feel it, but you definitely look so beautiful as an anxiously expecting mother.
Loved the bumbo, loved our jumperoo, and I also loved having one of those wrap things that make it so you can "wear" your baby. (There are so many different kinds though that I found it helpful to borrow ones from friends to decide which kind I like - everyone's different. I could carry Braden around with me and have him close to me like I wanted, but still have my hands free to get things done! Best of both worlds.)

I agree about the Babywise book too. There is a lot of uptight, strict advice that I just ignored. (Take it all with a grain of salt and do what feels right for you and your baby.) I like the schedule in there.

sam and kyrsten said...

EEEEEEKkKK! i am so so happy! i love her and i lOVE her room! you and madre did a FABULOUS job! i love you sister! you look great! oh my heck i cant wait to see you!

A said...

Probably the cutest nursery I've ever seen! And the most creative. You are in a league of your own, seriously!

Jordan and Heather Humbert said...

The room looks fab! I can't wait to see it in person! I would say the boppy is a must - you can use it for nursing, tummy time, padding for when she is learning to sit, it will make her sleep through the night (jk) - it's pretty much amazing...

President and Sister Taylor said...

WOW I can't believe she is coming so soon! It makes me realize I'm not far from having my boy here either! Her room is absolutely adorable. LOVE it. I'm excited to hear everyone's mom advice too!

Leah said...

ummmm... "rhonda" is actually me. I didn't realize I was signed in to my Mother in Law's account. haha!

Sarah said...

Oh my heck Taryn that is one sweet room - Stella is one lucky girl!! I love, love, love the name by the way.
I absolutely loved my bumbo! Miles started using it as soon as he could hold up his head really well. I could just sit him up on the counter while I made dinner or did the dishes - it made things so much easier!
But I think the thing that I absolutely couldn't live without is my breast pump. Get a good one it makes all the difference!!! Mine was a dual electric one...Ameda Purely Yours.
Finally, I read the babywise book and didn't agree with a lot of the stuff in there so we found (a little late I might add) a book called "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Baby." It is written by an actual Pediatrician (unlike babywise) who has spent his career researching infant sleep patterns. It helped us so much...and that says a lot since Miles was a rough sleeper from the beginning.
Good Luck - you're gonna be one awesome mommy!

Sarah said...

I lied, the book is entitled "healthy sleep habits, happy CHILD"

Boonie and Jenn said...

Oh my gosh her bedroom is so adorable!!! Stella is going to be the cutest little girl! Carter didn't start sleeping through the night till we got him the kiddopotomous (spell?) It is a thing that keeps him all wrapped like a burrito. It has Velcro so he cant break out of it. Also a boppy, electric breast pump (i tried the manual at first and it works but you'd be much happier with an electric), his vibrating chair he loved at first... but my best advice and advice I received is do what works for you! Every baby is different. And some things work for others but wont for you. I'm so excited for you!

HDVB said...

Stella is one blessed little girl to have such wonderful parents!
The room is beyond beautiful, I LOVE IT!

I can't wait to meet her!

Benji and Anne King said...

Her room is so cute! I tried to soak in the pics so I could get ideas for our baby room. I can't believe you are so close too! You look as beautiful as ever and you and P are going to be wonderful parents to little Stella. No we just need to meet the little lady. :)

Anonymous said...

Amen to the swaddle blanket! And you MUST get a Bundle Me (made by JJ Cole) They keep baby so warm in their carseat! And a good swing!

The Millers said...

OK don't worry that I'm just finally getting caught up with life :) I love all her cute room stuff. I heard about the "box" that was sent with all of your shower stuff. Your Mom was making me laugh telling me about it. If you weren't so awesome maybe people wouldn't spoil you so much. We love you and miss you already.

RileyandChristinaShaw said...

That's so exciting:) looks like you guys are pretty much ready for her to come:) One thing that I just LOVED having with my kids is a tv monitor. It's a little camera that you put over their crib and you can watch and hear her while she sleeps. Instead of checking on her every sound she makes with a normal monitor, you can flip on a button and see how she is doing:) It may be a little expensive like 100 dollars but WELL worth it!! I love it! It has saved us many hours of sleep:)

Angie said...

I love your baby room! So Cute! It was good seeing you. You're a beautiful pregnant lady.
Try to get her on somewhat of a schedule and then you might be lucky enough to have a baby that eventually sleeps through the night. If her days and nights are mixed up, try to not let her nap as much during the day. Eventually she'll get a routine that fits yours. Hopefully. Good luck, don't worry...you'll be fine!

Ashlie said...

Yea it looks so cute I just can't wait. I'm glad you were able to get all your stuff home safely. Love you guys

Jeff and Teresa Palmer said...

Taryn, this is Teresa not Ashlie, I don't know why here name popped up again. i guess I have to look and see who is logged on first. Sorry. We miss you guys I hope little Stella startes turning the right way. Let us know. We want to get on skype for christmas, let us know what is a good time. Greg and Karly will be over for breakfast and then Ashlie will leave to go to Talk with elder edwards at 11:00 our time. Maybe 11 or 12 your time will be good, or in the late afternoon/ evening. Let me know. Love ya Teresa

Stacey and Brody Miller said...

The bedding was worth the wait. It is adorable. I'm so excited for ya'll.

Anonymous said...

Stella is one lucky little lady!!! She is going to be so loved and very stylish!! :) Her room is absolutely adorable! Wouldn't expect anything less from you and your mama!!! Some of our must haves, that have helped us along the way are the boppy (especially for nursing), the bumbo is wonderful and Mylicon Gas Relief drops! The gas drops worked wonders for both our boys who had a little bit of a tough adjustment when they finally went on formula.
You are going to be one amazing mom and I couldn't be happier for you guys! Parenthood is an amazing gift and blessing! Enjoy all of it, even those sleepless nights because it goes so fast! Congratulations to the two of you! Family of 3 is right around the corner!!!! xoxoxo