Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Merry Mexican Memories

~ Mexico ~
The Beach ~Amazing
The Weather ~ Perfect
The Accommodations ~ Relaxing
The Food ~ Not going to lie, could have been better
***However, I did enjoy the Italian Pizza we found in the middle of Playa del Carmen. I know what you are thinking- who goes to Mexico and eats pizza? We do.***
The Company ~ Wonderful

We had lots of great adventures throughout our trip. This day probably ended up being every one's favorite, though. We started the day visiting the ruins at Tulum, next came zip lining, and that was followed by three snorkeling trips: one to the cenotes to see the amazing underground caves, one to swim with sea turtles, and finally to a peaceful lagoon to visit some tropical fish.


Another day was spent bargaining in Playa del Carmen. This is where we found some pizza and made friends with the crazy chef below.



Of course lots of relaxing was done by all including laying on the beach with book in hand, taking walks at sunset, and just doing whatever we wanted.







We spent our last day taking a catamaran ride to this beautiful island where we enjoyed shopping, lunch, perfecting our tans, and holding a shark.





Some of our beautiful surroundings





And of course all the food and tropical drinks we could handle.



Viva la Mexico!

12 comments:

Jeff and Teresa Palmer said...

Ohh, how much fun. I'm so glad you guys got to go. Great pictures. I hope you post some on facebook, cause they are fun to look at. Love you guys so much. mom

Ashley and Zach Smart said...

That looks so fun! I LOVE the picture of you and Ryan in his red swimsuit and your red floppy hat in the water! I'm glad you had fun!

sam and kyrsten said...

love it. loved the week together! you rock.

Britni said...

Seriously....you look so tan, and I am frieking jealous. I mean really, I went to Kentucky, you go somewhere tropical and have this awesome time in paradise! I'm jealous, but extremely glad you had an awesome vacation! Hope the new job is going well, and I am NOT happy we'll be out of town for Mamma Mia!

Jordan and Heather Humbert said...

Wow! That looked amazing! I want to go!!!

Stacey and Brody Miller said...

Oh my goodness. That looks like so much fun. I can't believe how clear and blue the water is. You and Ryan are such a cute couple. I love all the pics.

Karly & Greg Palmer said...

Looks like you guys had such a fun time! Hopefully we can all go on a fun trip with the Palmer side sometime! Wouldn't that be fun??

Benji and Anne King said...

We are very jealous--it looks like a fabulous trip! Benji said P looked pretty bad until he saw his dope-sick Crawdad shirt.

Heather Ashcroft said...

Looks like so much fun! I love all your pics. My fave is the one where you are kissing P and your red hat is hiding your face, priceless!!! You should frame that one! :) I also really love the one of you and your dad! Glad you could have fun and be safe. Love ya!!!

The Larsons said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! I can't wait until December when we go! Oh and thanks for calling the other day..I'll call you back this week so I can here all about your vacation and what I should do while Iam there! I love ya and hope that you are having an amazing time in OHIO as a graduated person! so lucky..

Jerica said...

taryn!! this looks so fun! you're lucky!

sam and kyrsten said...

t i love you.... :) ha blah... i wish we were going so much too. i didnt know dad was coming! yay! i cant wait! im crazy with this blogging stuff. i need to stop! i love you. YAY!