
The best part was that my mom didn't know I was coming so we ended up providing her with a double surprise! First she arrived and was surprised by everyone crammed into my grandparents house waiting for her. Of course it had to rain the day of the party so 100 people and 6 church tables were crammed into my grandparents house. After she settled down a little from the initial shock my grandpa asked for a volunteer to say the blessing on the food and I just happened to volunteer and walk around the corner! Mom's reaction was priceless and we both shed some tears. The picture below is our hug after she first saw me. Even though it is a little blurry I think you can still see the happy look on her face as she was reunited with her long lost favorite eldest daughter...
The party was full of fun visitors, lots and lots of Mexican food (oh yeah, did I mention we are going to Mexico in less than 2 weeks?!?!?), and even pinatas! Kyrsten and I over estimated the food a little bit...we had sooo much left over. We appreciate everyone who brought food and came to show your love and support for our mom. We love her so much and are so proud of everything she does!
My cousin's little girl Lyndi seemed to enjoy the food too! Is she not the cutest? The little kids loved the pinata and little Chandler knocked the cute Mexican donkey's head off in one fierce swing. Notice my "little" brother Jace standing next to me?? He really isn't too little anymore and will be turning 18 soon...crazy!
I love this picture! The Calls are some of our greatest friends. Their mom, Nedra, actually taught preschool with my mom for a few years. We all grew up together in the same neighborhood and have some great memories together. We have all changed quite a bit- the girls are all married (well, not Taigen...but she did just finish drivers ed...so beware!!), the boys are a lot taller, and Cami even has a cute little boy. We may all be different, but it was great to see each other again!
Of course I couldn't go home without seeing my great in-laws who were also kind enough to come to the party and even bring food to share! I crashed the cheerleader sleepover at their house the night I go into town and hung out for a while on Saturday before the party. They are always so accommodating to me and I just want them to know I love them and we miss them!
The next day was spent in the mountains with all my cousins attempting jumping in the air pictures with the gals, dirt biking for the boys (and some of the more adventurous girls), and lots of left over nachos and chit chat. This weekend helped remind me why I love my family so much and how much I miss doing fun things with them on a regular basis. Love you all and I can't wait to see you again soon!


9 comments:
I'm so glad this was such a successful reunion/fiesta!! Love how you love your mama-mia!!
So glad you had such a great time and were able to surprise your mom. Miss ya lots and hope we can see you at Christmas time!
I love the surprise! How fun/special that was for your mom that you could be there! Glad you had a few days with the fam!
So fun! Looks like you had a wonderful trip!
That sounds like it was so much fun! What a great daughter to put that together--long distance--for your mom. I have to say, I barely even know your mom and yet I love her. When you told me she said that she could just tell that Benji and I were in love and hoped we'd get married, it stuck with me and had a big influence on me during our tough engagement. She has always been so sweet to Benj and me when we were up there too. I'm glad you had a great visit, just wish we could have seen ya!
i'm so glad you were able to come :) not long before i see your beautiful face in the land of MEXICO! woot woot. haha :)
i loved that weekend. and know i will LOVE next week. cant wait to see you again. love you sis!
What a fun trip. From what I know about you momma she is an awesome woman. How exciting for her to have a celebration in her honor.
I'm glad you guys had so much fun! I'm sure your mom loved the party and seeing you too! Andy and I were so sad that we couldn't make it over there. Are you guys going to make it to Island Park?
Post a Comment