5 years, 2 majors, and 2 Universities later...I am DONE!!! Put like that it seems so simple and unstressful. Well, let me tell you it wasn't. It was stressful and wonderful and terrifying and gratifying all at the same time. It is hard to really see the part of the announcement which details the events to take place on June 14, but the background is made up of two pictures. One side depicts Utah State and it's iconic Old Main and towering A. The other represents a symbolic building on the campus of The Ohio State University. When it came time to announce my graduation to family and friends I knew I couldn't just simply represent my current educational arena as so much of my academic career took place tucked against the beautiful mountains in Cache Valley, Utah. So my dear friend/cousin, Allyson, helped me create something that represented both places which helped me achieve this goal which I seemed to set so long ago. I have to admit I am a little proud of myself. I could have given up many times before getting to this place (getting married young, changing my major after a year and half in, CHEMISTRY, the competitive and grueling program that is dietetics, and, oh yeah, changing programs and Universities with one year left). But now it is June 7, 2009 and I made it and I am happy and proud and so excited for what the future is going to bring, because things are looking bright and achieving your goals feels pretty darn good.


18 comments:
Congratulations Taryn! I think since in celebration of P's graduation, a few months early, we got to go to Hawaii, you deserve the same. So Hawaii it is!
One more thing about the head lamp a few posts earlier. Tell Ryan that he can get a lot more use out of his headlamp if he just keeps it by his bed. Then, when you have to get up at night to get a drink or whatever, you can just gear up with the headlamp and make a quick well lit trip, with light focused only in the direction you are wlalking, to the kitchen without waking up the wifey with a room full of bright lights.
Woot woot! Congratulations college grad! I am so excited for you! What a nice summer it will be not having to worry about school! Your announcements are darling!
Congrats!!!! That is so exciting to be done with school.
I am so happy for you! A celebration is in order!
CONGRATS!!! It is such a wonderful feeling isn't it!
Love the picture!!! You are super photogenic girl! I know how happy you are to have it all over and done with!
Congrats on graduating! I know it can be grueling, but you did it! CONGRATS!!!!!
Congrats Taryn! That is a big accomplishment! We miss you guys!
Hey Congratulations!!! I really was hoping to be able to finish in Dietetics as well, but I might have to go back and do it later or something...I don't think I could handle a newborn baby right when I start the program. But I'm proud of you for finishing! Congrats again :)
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
We got your announcement and the picture is terrific. YOU ARE SO PRETTY!!!!! Wow, What an accomplishment for you.We are so proud of you. Now you can sort of enjoy life a little bit more. Hope you and everybody has a fun trip. Love ya, Grandpa & Grandma
It feels great, doesn't it?! You've expressed my sentiments exactly. Congratulations to us:)
CONGRATS!!! You are the prettiest graduate ever!!! your pic reminds me of Elle Woods at the end -super smart and super glamorous!!! Miss you!! Good luck with everything that will come!!
graduation = MEXICO!!
woot woot.
i love you and am so proud of your achievement. love you!
Congrats, Taryn! I so admire your commitment and dedication to finish... despite all the changes! You're amazing! LOVE YOU!
Congrats! What a great accomplishment!
yay taranch! i know how hard you have worked. way to go. now we get to relax.. i can hardly contain my excitement. miami vices are the best.. especially when you dont have to pay for them.
Yeah!! Isn't it so great to be done. Problem is I feel like I don't remember anything already and how will I get a job. Oh wait there are no jobs to apply for. I hope you guys have a great summer. Let us all know when you will be in utah so we can see you.
Congratulations! It does feel amazing to finally graduate, doesn't it?! I'm proud of you sticking with dietetics even when you thought it couldn't be done when switching universities. Have a wonderful summer and give yourself a great big pat on the back!!!
Post a Comment