Sunday, April 26, 2009

When The Boys Are Away...

The girls find ways to play! Some of our future dentists headed north to help some soon to be actual dentists with the big, bad boards. None of us thought it would be very fun sleeping in empty beds within the walls of our empty, creaking homes so...SLEEPOVER x2! Yes, we decided to make a party of it (surprising, right?) by eating great food, talking for hours, enjoying the nice weather as we walked through the neighborhood, and watching Tonya Harding make it to the top on Oprah. Yeah, that part was as weird as it sounds. We couldn't decide if we felt like we were in jr. high or back to the days of having roommates, but we had a great time and I forgot I even had a husband to miss :) I had great intentions of taking pictures of our fun weekend, but alas I only got one. I'll chalk that up to a victory.

So many families in our ward and who live in our apt. complex are getting ready to move onto jobs, residencies, and more school. Each of them are excited about the next step on their life, but are sad to leave this place they now call home. It made me think of leaving Ohio in a few years. Ryan and I have nearly lived here for 1 year now and the time has gone so fast. I have truly loved every minute and already feel a little sad thinking about leaving in a few years. Watching everyone stress about where they will be living and working also helps me feel safe and sound in Ohio for a little bit longer! Today's Relief Society lesson focused on finding joy in the journey. I think I have definitely been able to do that so far and feel determined to continue to do so as my family faces old and new challenges and changes each day. Although bumps still come and are sure to continue, I can't help but look around and find joy in so many things. Tomorrow I start my final clinical rotation as a dietetic student. As I have said before I will be at Nationwide Children's Hospital, but I do know now that I will be working in the oncology unit. Yes, that means each day I will be helping kids with cancer try and get better. I have confidence this is will be a great learning and stretching experience for me. Emotional? Yes. Difficult? Most definitely. Rewarding? I have no doubt.

Ryan's brother Taylor is coming to visit this weekend and we are so excited! He is selling security systems in Philadelphia for the summer and decided to make a pit stop in Columbus before getting there. We hope to show him a good time around Ohio and can't wait to see him! Maybe this time I will take 2 pictures!

15 comments:

Joni said...

Hi Tar, I am glad you had a fun sleepover. Us girls need them sometimes. Also, I know you will do very well in your next rotaiton. You can have the compassion and understanding that they will need. It will be hard but I know that we can do anything because we won't be given more than we can handle. You will do great. I love you tons. Hi Ryan!! I guess Sam and Kyrsten are heading to Washington DC. I guess Me and Taigen better decide on a trip!! Yeah another sleepover.

Stacey and Brody Miller said...

What a wonderful idea to have a sleepover when the hubbys are missing in action. Why didn't I ever think of doing that?
Yeah, I to can't believe how fast the time goes by. There are some wonderful people and experiences here in Ohio. Enjoy it.

Jordan and Heather Humbert said...

We had fun! I hope the boys leave again soon...

Thanks for posting such a flattering picture of me - I look hot....NOT!

Britni said...

I am sad I had to miss the sleepover! Oh well, can't pass up seeing my momma...but glad you guys had lots of fun. I is sad to think how fast time is going, or where we will all be going, and when are we gonna all get together again after this journey is over?! It makes me tired just thinking of it! Oh well, gonna make the most of these times!

sam and kyrsten said...

tar! im glad you had a fun time! i guess i didnt realize you were going to be working in oncology. you will do great though! love you. its always makes me happy when you post!

Allyson said...

I can't get over how good I look in this photo...let alone lately. So hot. You're my hero and I love you so have a good day and rotation.:)

bye.

Ty and Em said...

Taryn, I seriously love you. You have the best posts ever. You are going to do SUCH a fantastic job on your rotation. You are so sincere and caring, your patience will adore you. Miss you guys!

sam and kyrsten said...

TAR I KNOW THOSE WERE WEIRD. I DIDNT GO TO THEM THOUGH. DID YOU SEE WHAT THE COMMENT ABOVE YOURS SAID THAT WAS DELETED? I DIDNT SEE WHAT IT SAID. I AGREE. MAYBE THE SWINE FLU WITH GO AWAY AND WE CAN ENJOY A NICE WEEK IN CANCUN... OH HOW I WISH IT GOES AWAY.

Jeff and Teresa Palmer said...

The party sounds fun, Hope all is going well with school. Thanks for having Taylor stay with you. Lee asked about you. I told him I didn't think you had graduation yet, but was pretty sure you were graduating. How did Ryan do with finales or are they done yet. Love you guys

Taig said...

you're slackin.

and i noticed a comment you made on emily's blog.. baby train.. all aboard.. taigen completely agrees. haha. i just love you..

let's goo to mexico.. forget the swine flu.. think about the positive things.. BEACHH!!!!

Jena Lin Jones said...

It was great to talk to you the other day. And this is the living proof that I'm getting back into blogging... you didn't believe me did you? This will be my first comment then I will think about making an actual post... baby steps. Good luck with school!! SOOO jealous that you are almost done.

sam and kyrsten said...

right.... :) NO i am SO excited for this summer! mexico will be AMAZING>

Taig said...

update loveerr :]

love your favorite youngest sister.

Shell said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Scott and Melanie said...

Hey Taryn! I'm glad you're finding joy in the journey. We definitely love remembering those days in Ohio! I'm excited for you to work on the oncology unit! Are you working with Michelle? Does she still work there? Make sure you find out about Jen Smith too. I miss her! I'm sure I've already told you this, but I covered the oncology unit when I worked there. It was sad, but I really loved those kids! One of my best friends was a nurse on that unit too (she was also a dental school wife--so gone now). I have great memories of Childrens!