Saturday, March 14, 2009

Remember When...

My sense of fashion and love for clothing began. Project runway here I come.


Food, cooking, and nutrition became my passion. And apparently I had blue eyes.

Relaxing on the beach in Bear Lake with a dimet (diet) coke or a Shasta was the best thing in life. Next week I get to go to the beach for the first time in way too long...ahh heaven!


I could wink!!

My love for cheerleading (and bossing Kyrsten around) began. H-A-W-K-S, Hawthorne is the best! And yes those were my mom's cheer outfits from Jr. High.

I dreamed of being a princess, but settled for Homecoming Queen instead.

I discovered being cold just was not for me. Warm weather please come soon!


I started Kindergarten. And now I am about to graduate college. And I am freaking out a little bit. I am never that great at handling CHANGE, but for some reason that does not stop it from coming. I feel like I am coming to a major crossroads in life and am not sure if I should turn left or right, or just back up and head back in the direction I came.

1. Taigen was actually this small, and 2. I thought I was her mother. And now I actually want to be a mother (remember...crossroads!?!) but am not sure if I am ready or financially stable or capable or...

I actually liked dogs...yeah I don't really remember this either. (RIP Chancey, I did love you deep down). Maybe someday Ry.

I considered a career as a lingerie model. I haven't given much thought to that one lately, but I will be on the job hunt soon and the RD jobs are really looking slim. What do you think?

I had HUGE glasses but still totally pulled them off. I thought I was funny because I could make my siblings laugh. Now they are just laughing at me.

So for any of you looking for a great way to waste precious studying/working on take home finals time, just start going through old pictures. I could have put up approximately 800 more of these, but I really need to do something productive. Yes, finals are next week and no I am not stressed one bit. One week until I am completely done with college classes forever, or at least until I decide a Masters or becoming a nurse or doctor or Sociologist sounds like fun). All my professors decided to be really nice to us and give us take home/come to class and use your notes/write down 10 things you learned about Sociology 101 finals. I feel good about it. Ryan of course isn't so fortunate. He already has taken 1 written and 2 practicals (one of which he nearly missed due to an episode of sleeping through the alarm syndrome...holy heart attack!!) and he still has 6 more next week. So good luck to him! Then we are off to SC and hopefully warm weather, although Ryan and I seem to be cursed and rain decides to follow us on every trip we have ever been on so I am apologizing in advance guys! Either way it will be a great break and great fun {traveling pictionary} and I want to start packing now so it will get here faster. Happy Spring even if that means you are shoveling 10 ft of snow, and go Aggies & Buckeyes! (I secretly love March Madness)

14 comments:

sam and kyrsten said...

OH mY HECK THIS ROCKS! YOU ROCK! ok but the carpet at grandma and grandpas house... SICK... the couch at our old house... SICKER... YOU as A lingerie model H YEAH! and us laughing at you... only when it involves apples! :) ha I LOVE YOU im so happy for you that school is almost over! i miss you! you guys are going to have a BLAST in SC! call me soon!

Taig said...

taryn,
mom was so up to date on the glasses! mom was so hip! you as a lingerie model.. kind of weird. but i love you even though you eat apples in a lovely way :]
ps- mom wants to know how you found all of your pictures? did she send you your books?

kyrsten,
you should be working on your lottery ticket!! .. not looking at blogs!

love you both :]

Jeff said...

I'm so glad you included a picture of those glasses. Now we just need to get some pics of the young "RP". How does the end of April look for a visit to Columbus? Go Aggies, Pitt, and I guess OSU....in that order. Have fun on you trip guys.

The Larsons said...

Oh I loved the post!!! And yes you need to have little Taryns running around doing cheerleading routines! Or even modeling..hmm who knows!
Iam of proud you graduating-I will be there in ONE YEAR!! Yeah! Have fun in South Carolina-(buy the salt water taffy, its amazing! and then think of me as your eating it- I will be sitting in snow!) I love yoU!

Becky said...

I love the pics!!! Not very many people can pull off the glasses and lingerie like you can..he he I should pull mine out,i need a good laugh. :)
Good luck with finalls. Don't have too much fun in SC without us. Take lots of pics for us.

HARKER FAMILY said...

I Love the pictures and I totally loved the glasses, (since I had the same ones) congrats on being done with school, it is the greatest, esp. when finals roll around and you DON'T have to take them!

Kelli and Randall said...

Can you believe you are almost finished with school! I am so excited for you. Good luck on the finals and have a great trip to SC. Tell Ryan good luck as well. We miss you guys! Love ya!!!

sam and kyrsten said...

Taryn this is from your brother jace, i know i dont call you all the time but that doesnt mean you cant call me :) i am so happy for you to be done withe school. You dont have to be so serious all the time now yeah :) no i am just kidding your the greatest. Love you guys bothe tho and you should call me sometime in the future!

Britni said...

Awesome! Love the old pictures. I love the fact that you have worse vision than I do!

Jordan and Heather Humbert said...

You totally did pull off those glasses! What a cute little girl you were! Less than a week left till Myrtle beach - do you think it's possible for me to lose 20 lbs in 5 days, probably not - Oh well - Myrtle beach is a judgement free zone right?

Stacey and Brody Miller said...

Hey, you were such a cute little girl. I looked like a little boy when I was little, so none of those pictures are going to be posted on my blog anytime soon.

Also, if you still want to do craft night on April 14th then pick out which frame you like. You can tell me or post a comment or email me at staceybea@hotmail.com

Ty and Em said...

This was totally the BEST post ever!!! Haha! It was a fantastic way to kick off my day. You know, I was always a bit jealous that you got to wear glasses. Despite how abnormally huge your frames were, I really wish I had them. HA! Seriously, though.

And about crossroads, Tar, I don't think you can ever fully feel prepared to be a mom. I think you can feel it's the right time, but that's about it. You can babysit all your life, read all the books you can, and nothing can truly prepare you for having a sweet little baby. But, when you decide the time is right, I KNOW you will be an awesome mom. You had a great one to learn from, right?

Leah said...

What a great post! Memories are the best! CONGRATS on graduating! Can you believe its almost here?! Don't worry I was terrified too. Just put off figureing out life for awhile, it has worked for me! ;)

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

Such an adorable post! loved seeing you as a kid! YOu are soo cute!~ I too sported the huge glasses when i was involved in sports...you'd think my mom would have told me THose are too big for your face deary! But, oh well! Kids chose what they want eh!