Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Its FINALLY Time!!

Time for Christmas, time for snow (I guess), time for finals (don't worry I am really not stressed about it- my husband on the other hand...), and finally time to COME HOME!! This being our first finals week experience of dental school I have come to learn a few things: 1. Don't plan on seeing/speaking to/going to bed at the same time as your significant other. 2. Meals are eaten when convenient and finishing off leftovers from the week before is optimal (yes, I think we have eaten the same thing for 5 days in a row now) 3. The goal is just to pass "the class" (which shall remain nameless)

It really hasn't been THAT bad for Ryan and I. I have finals too, which I am trying to make into a big deal except that its not. Plus I always go crash the study sessions/ping-pong tourneys in the basement of the dental school since I am on campus. So I get to see Ryan a lot more than most of the wives are interacting with their husbands. Lucky me :) Ryan is taking final 4 of 6 as I am typing this, and has done great so far! One day to go! I had my first final today in my Medical Dietetics class and my 2nd final is Thursday...then only two quarters left! I can't even believe it is true!

Approximately 7 days ago I became obsessed with Christmas. Don't ask me how it happened, but it did. I mean I have always loved Christmas, but I really can't stop listening to Christmas music and I just had to go buy some decorations. We aren't even going to be here for half of December for goodness sake, yet my home really needed some Christmas cheer. We don't have a Christmas tree and let's be honest, do we really need one? So I opted for a little garland around my railing and some small decorations elsewhere. I don't think I even bought one Christmas decoration the two holidays we spent in Logan, but here I decided to go all out, or as all out as $50 will let you take it. P.S. I love Hobby Lobby and 50% off sales!

Our Ward Christmas party was on Saturday and at the last minute Ryan and I were asked to be Mary and Joseph during the primary presentation of The Nativity. Some people in my ward really thought the sweatshirt stuffed under my robe meant I actually went from 0-9 months pregnant in 10 minutes, but all was revealed when I reemerged on stage unpregnant and holding little baby Jesus (Chase Miller). He was so good while we were on stage and just slept in my arms as we sang Christmas carols and primary songs. Even though we (more Ryan than me- sorry babe its true) weren't thrilled about doing it at first, it turned into a really special moment and helped remind me what Christmas is really about.

One thing Christmas is really about is family and those we love. And guess what? We get to see ours in 3 days! That's right, only 3 days until: mountains, Moms, I-15, Cafe Rio, USU Dietetics girls, Dads, Christmas Breakfast Casserole, friends, weddings, brothers, Aggie Basketball, 3rd annual LHS Christmas celebration, Grandmas, Bear Lake, Sisters, Jazz games, Hansen family Christmas extravaganza, Grandpas, singing Christmas carols around the piano at the Palmer's (please can we do this again?!?!), Firehouse Pizza, Aunts, Logan temple, Palmer family Christmas party (hopefully not held in the -32 degrees golf course clubhouse),Uncles, no school, no work, cousins,

PURE JOY!

See you Soon!! :)

6 comments:

Heather Ashcroft said...

I can't wait! Good Luck on your last test. I love your decorations. Hobby Lobby really is the place for 50% off sales, I love it. See you soon!

sam and kyrsten said...

:) TARYN! i am so excited! you are so great! your posts are always so much fun! i love you and I cannot wait to see you! 3 days! HOLY CRAP!

sam and kyrsten said...

ps i bought some of those trees at the dollar store the other day too! ha

Jordan and Heather Humbert said...

So, I hate to tell you this, but I have already been to Cafe Rio twice since I've been home - and let me tell you it has been everything I could hope for and more...

Sarah said...

Good luck on the rest of your finals - my last final is also Thursday. Wow we are so close to being done! I I hope you have a good trip home. Your decorations are really cute too by the way.

Stacey and Brody Miller said...

What a totally cute blog post. We think you are so great. Have fun on your trip! Hope finals went well. Your Christmas decorations are so cute.