Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Our Apartment

So here are some pictures of our apartment! They are not the greatest, but hopefully it gives you a glimpse of where we live. Some of you may not care one bit, but I know there are a few of you who will appreciate this post!

This is the outside of our apartment. There are a lot of apartments in this complex! Seriously there are kids EVERYWHERE! I feel like I am going to run one over every time we leave. I didn't get a picture of our back patio and area, but it is a really big open field. Kind of like a big common area. Some apartments have a really busy street right behind them so we got pretty lucky with our location.
Okay I tried to do this in some organized fashion so it would be like a little virtual tour through our house, but that didn't really work out! (Heather I need your help!). So this photo is of our basement. Unfortunately they are not finished, but it gives us a lot of space for storage and somewhere to keep our W&D. (Which I am loving by the way!)
This is the door to the basement located kind of between the living room and kitchen.
This is a view of the dining area from the kitchen. The doorway you see leads to the living room and to the right is the door to the basement. I am really proud of my little picture wall. When Ryan worked at the frame shop he would make me cool frames with the scraps. They are really big and chunky and made from cool wood. So yes I am proud of my decorating skills. Too bad I have a long way to go to match Mrs. Joni!
Here is the view of the kitchen from back by the above mentioned picture wall. You can see the back door that leads to our little patio. Also there is a pantry to the left of the fridge. I like the kitchen. There is a lot of space, especially compared to our last apt. in Logan.
Okay another picture of the dining area. Good shot of the patio doors.
Now I am in the corner of our living room. It is really weird here because none of the bedrooms or living room has ceiling lights. So that means we have to use lamps.
Here is a picture taken from the landing just below the stairs. As you can see our couch takes up like our entire living room! When we were moving everything in I got really nervous that it wasn't all going to fit! But luckily it did, and I love my couch so I guess it is okay if it takes up the whole room! To the right is the front door.
Here is a shot from the living room looking at the staircase and coat closet.
Up the stairs we go. First room is the bathroom, then the office, a linen closet, and our bedroom.
Here is our bathroom. It is nice and big, I just wish it had more drawers and cupboard space in the bathroom like our apt. in Logan had. I just bought new stuff for the bathroom this week. I was only going to buy new rugs, but then I found this shower curtain at Target (yes I finally live by one!) and I couldn't resist! I am really into birds and branches for patterns right now and I just loved this.

This is the office next door. It has two closets which is nice for storage. I decided to put all of Ryan's baseball pictures up in here since he will be using it the most and I want him to be surrounded by things he loves to help him do good-Also there are a lot of pictures of the two of us! :)

Finally is our bedroom. It is really big and the closet is really big too so it is great. This is a shot from the corner of the room.
This is looking in the door.
So I hope you all enjoyed that pathetic little tour. We really like it here so far and I have of course enjoyed decorating and organizing our new place. Ryan and I were saying that it is nice to know we will be here in this same apt. for a while. We moved twice in the 2 years were married in Logan, and while we were happy with our move then ee do not plan on moving in the 4 years we will be here since the rent is the best we could ever find and we like the place. And a little update on my school situation...I met with a University advisor to verify that I had met all of the gen ed requirements to graduate from OSU. Luckily I had, but I had not met all of OSU's dietetics program requirements. After talking to the director of my program she decided I still need to take Microbiology w/ lab and Sociology. I also had not taken Anatomy, but it looks like she is letting that one slide thank goodness. It is so weird to me that we didn't have to take those requirements at USU since both programs are accredited by the American Dietetics Association, but whatever. So it looks like I will be doing supervised practice/clinicals this summer 2 days a week for about 5 weeks. Then I will only take classes Autumn and Winter quarter to fit in those two classes plus some other ones that I have to make up that USU doesn't take until spring of senior year and OSU takes earlier along with the regular schedule the senior students take. Then I will finish clinicals spring quarter and summer quarter next year. This means I won't be graduating until summer 09 instead of spring 09 like I would have at USU. At first I was really bugged by this, but this is actually going to be a really good set up for us. With this schedule I will be able to work more and since we really need the money it will be good. And really, all things considered, graduating only two or three months later is pretty good. So I am being Positive Patty about things and feeling good about life! Love to all!

14 comments:

Kristen said...

Your apartment is so cute, you did a great job decorating! I have always loved your picture frames, ever since I saw them.

Taig said...

so cute. your a mini mom. i love you lots. :]

HARKER FAMILY said...

Your apartment looks good. I agree with you decorating your new place is the best part!!!!!

Karly & Greg Palmer said...

Hello! It looks like you are all settled in! Your apartment is super cute! It makes me want to go home and get all of my decorations! It just doesn't feel like home out here! Hope all is well!

sam and kyrsten said...

hey cutie! i hope the cobra kings are treating you well! :) your apartment is so cute! i cant wait to see it!

Joni said...

Your apartment is so nice! Brian went and looked at those exact apartments we wanted to go to Ohio just for the apartment! You sure are lucky! I love all of your decorations, it is funny but we have a very similar set up with the frames from Prince Gallery! It is even in our kitchen! It good to see you guys getting all settled.

The Larsons said...

I loved the tour! However I do see some talent from MOMMY JONI in you! It looks so pretty and welcoming! LOVE YOU!

Heather Ashcroft said...

I love the tour, you did a fantastic job. The apt. is so dang cute. I didn't know it was townhome style, that's fun. I'm jealous because I can't wait to be able to put my own things up in my own house, it's funny how you come to really miss that. You did a great job decorating, no surprise. Hopefully we'll be able to come visit while you're out there, that would be a good time. Love and miss you!

Stacey and Brody Miller said...

Good job Taryn. I took me like a year to set up all my stuff and be moved in. Way cute decorating by the way. Ya'll need to come over and hang out with us soon. We'll BBQ or something for ya. Take care.

Jeff said...

I want that couch.

Jena Lin Jones said...

I love your apartment, however I do not agree that your decorating is good and I believe that I could do much better. It was great to talk to you the other day. In fact I was thinking about making a blog of our very own so I might call you right now....

Karly & Greg Palmer said...

No! I was so nervous! You should try it!

Tresa & Norman said...

Grandpa & I sat here and read and looked at your pictures. Nice apartment and a great job decorating. Just like your Mom. Sounds like you are settling in just fine. Miss ya and love ya. Grandpa Norm and Grandma Tresa

Benji and Anne King said...

Wow! I'm impressed that you've already moved in and decorated. I am getting pretty tired of living out of suitcases and not being able to decorate, so I'm very jealous of you. Plus, your decorations are adorable! It's good to see you're getting all settled and having a good time.