Sunday, January 27, 2008

President Hinckley

Just wanted to post some thoughts regarding our prophet and his passing. I am so very grateful for his life and for his leadership in our church. His example was strong and steadfast, and his work for the church has been immeasurable. I am so grateful for the wonderful things he taught not only our entire church and world, but me personally. He taught by example how to love others and teach them about our faith. His sweet spirit and personality helped to reach those around the world both of our faith and not, and his testimony was evident in all he did and said. I am so thankful for his legacy and for the things he did to build our church. The temples that have been built, the membership that has grown, and the reputation of our faith are all examples of the sacred work he performed while here on earth. I will miss hearing him speak and seeing his cute face, but I know that our next prophet will lead with the same spirit and vigour as he did and will do more wonderful things to expand the church. It is so comforting to know that he has been reunited with his sweet wife and to think of the joy they are both feeling. I am thankful that although our sweet prophet has passed to the other side, our church will continue and our doctrines will stay the same. It is a bittersweet moment , but the church is true and strong and the Lord's hand will be evident to all of us in the coming days.

No comments: