Wednesday, January 23, 2008

No Use Crying Over Spilled Milk...




Or spilled homemade tomato soup! So for dinner tonight I decided to put my culinary skills to use by fixing a recipe one of my teachers gave me. My teacher always fixes us food on Fridays and then gives us the recipes so that we will have a better love for food. She fixed us this Tomato Curry Soup last semester and it was so good! I decided to make it tonight and all was going well. I had fixed the soup and had let it simmer for 30 minutes, cooked the pasta that you add, and even had breadsticks in the oven baking. To finish the soup you puree it in the blender because it has large chunks of whole tomato in it. Well I poured the soup in and as I began to adjust the blender it started oozing (yes ooozing) out the bottom! I quickly pulled it out to try and tighten the bottom, but the bottom fell off and dumped the soup on the counter, floor, and in the sink! So much for becoming a chef! We ate the pasta and breadsticks with a pre packaged bottle of Alfredo sauce - at least we got dinner!

1 comment:

Danika said...

Isn't that the worst! I have been known to spill dinner too. One time I somehow spilled a whole pan of chocolate chip cookies into the oven as I was taking it out, which wasn't too fun to clean up!