Blogging is hard. And it makes me sad, because I truly love documenting our lives here. But since the arrival of Margo, motherhood and wifehood and life is just so CONSTANT. Someone or something always needs to be tended to, and when I find a few minutes to breathe, this just isn't where I am ending up. So who knows where this little blog will go in the future, but for now I'm here because today my heart just feels so full. Just like every stranger in the store likes to remind me, yes, my hands are certainly full. Is my house almost always a mess? Sure is. Are we basically a circus every time we leave the house? Yep. But my heart feels so much happiness because of them.
Ryan didn't have to go in for work until later this afternoon, so we spent the morning sending Stella off to school on the bus, taking Eliza to her first day of preschool, and running errands with the babies. We got home and put Ivy down for a nap with her 25 binkies, listened to Eliza sing and talk as she played with her toys, and elicited giggles from the sweetest, chubbiest baby alive. A regular day full of regular activities, but my heart is just feeling so full.
The transition to four kids has been crazy and sweet. I think going from two to three was more difficult for me personally, but this transition has still been an adjustment. I loved having the slow summer mornings with a newborn and nowhere to go, but it's also been nice to get back into a routine and for kids to be in bed before 10 pm. It's a sweet, chaotic and exhausting phase of life we are living.
These girls are just growing up at warp speed. I love it and I hate it so much. In a matter of one week I sent my first baby to first grade, and packed up my last baby's newborn clothes. It's too much for a mama heart to handle! The moments in these photos feel like a lifetime ago, and I miss that tiny newborn already.
One thing is for sure, we would not have made it this far without our main man. He is our emotional rock, and is so willing to step up and do whatever is needed. He lets me escape for girl's nights and keeps all four kids for dinner and bedtime without an ounce of complaint. He truly is the better half, and I am so thankful for him every single day.
This life is more than I deserve. It's not all glitter and rainbows, don't believe that it is, but most of the time, it's really, really good. I am pretty sure I will be tired and have unfinished laundry for the rest of my life, but those are small sacrifices to make for these sweet little sisters.
Photo Credit: Molly Landon


















1 comment:
Such a sweet post. Beautiful pictures! (and thank heavens for amazing dads!)
Post a Comment