April was full of time spent with cousins hunting for Easter eggs (a week late) at Nana and Papa Palmer's, celebrating one of the three upcoming babies Palmer (Taylor and Lacee's little guy), and listening to conference at the cabin.
We grew baby girls, looked way too old for our age (I'm looking at you, Stella Rose), and enjoyed a few quiet moments when we could snag them. This life is feeling crazier than ever (and it's about to get crazier), so I love the moments when we can take a second to just be together and not worry about finding shoes, getting to a lesson on time, or hurrying through a meal. Eliza asked to help me make dinner one Sunday, and while I'm usually an awesome mom and just say no, that day I said yes, and it was a pretty great few moments watching her work so hard cutting potatoes and carrots with her butter knife. She was pretty darn proud of the results, and it was yet another good reminder to just slow down and savor these minutes together that are going way too fast.
We spent time prepping for baby sister's arrival by pulling out tiny baby clothes and smelling fresh out of the package newborn diapers, because those things are sort of intoxicating to me. Grandma made a couple of visits for tooth issues, which is never fun for her, but always ends up working out in our favor. She's always up for painting nails and cleaning my bathrooms, and we couldn't love her visits more.
Our favorite sisterly trio made kept us laughing and crying, depending on the day. They are my little mess-makers, helpers, mamas and trouble-makers. April brought me one of the more ridiculous and frustrating moments of motherhood so far when Stella decided to throw a handful of Bunchems (the most evil toy ever invented) into her sister's hair. Over two hours later we finally got them all out, but not before a few curse words were muttered under my breath.
April seemed to provide better weather than we have been getting out of May, with one day even being sort-of warm enough to bust out the sprinklers and pool. We are getting anxious for a summer of fun in the backyard, since I have a feeling I won't be too motivated to do much beyond that with an 18 month-old and newborn in tow.
Our ward boundaries changed, which means no more scouts for me (wish I could say I was more sad about it), but not before spending an hour assembling personalized smore's kits for our final pack meeting that just ended up getting rained out anyways. That actually happened the same day as the Bunchems situation, so it wasn't a frustrating day at all. The ward split also meant a new calling for Ryan, so he is now YM 1st counselor instead of President. And while we were sort of looking forward to having both our Wednesday and Thursday nights back, I think Ryan is happy to still be involved with the youth and he definitely has less meetings to attend, so I think it will be good.
The big girls finished out their year of singing group with a rocking concert, I spent way too much money on a couple of cute dresses from Matilda Jane that I justified with the fact that I will soon have four girls to use them, and we did our best to soak up our last few weeks as a family of five. I can't believe that pretty soon our weekly photo shoots are going to include one more little lady in her coordinating Sunday Best. Matching sisters forever!



2 comments:
Cutest girls! All four of you! And I laughed aloud at a few comments in this post. "I'm usually an awesome mom and just say no." 😂 I love being your friend!
what a good month! I can't wait to see Palmer girl #4, she is one lucky lady!
Post a Comment