Saturday, February 27, 2016

Love to Love You



With four (soon to be five) girls running this house, there is no shortage of emotion on any given day.  I like to think we are just making up for our daddy's even tempered nature, but really girls just have a lot of feelings.  While some days the emotions are raw and dramatic, often times they are high-energy and happy, and there certainly is no shortage of love to go around.  Even if sometimes it's a smothering type of love.



Our Valentine's celebrations included class parties (let's just say I'm grateful to NOT be a kindergarten teacher), spending two weeks straight writing love notes to friends and family, fun surprises and matching dresses.  With Valentine's being on Sunday this year, Ryan and I made it out on Friday for some dinner with the 50+ Sizzler crowd (because, gift cards) and an hour spent browsing Target only to walk out with a single shirt for the pregnant lady.  The actual day of love was spent swapping church duty thanks to a sick and tired Ivy Jo, and eating a fancy, home cooked dinner with the girls.  We ended the night cuddled up on the couch trying to find something halfway decent to watch on Netflix and finally settling on Friends re-runs--a fitting end to our tenth Valentine's celebration together.

For our first FHE of the month of February, we spent some time writing down things we love about each other.  It's sort of become a favorite tradition, and I love taking a minute to record those sentiments here.

I sure love these people of mine.  It's crazy to think we are adding even more love soon, because sometimes the adoration and joy I feel for them is already overwhelming.  The heart's capacity to love is such an amazing thing.


"I love Ivy because she is so cute!" - Eliza
"Dear Ivy, You are so cute!" - Stella
"I love Ivy because she reminds me to enjoy the simple things in life." - Mom
"I love that Ivy is so happy when she wakes up." - Dad


"I love that Eliza is so silly!" - Ivy
"Dear Eliza, I love you!" - Stella
"I love Eliza because she makes me laugh!" - Mom
"I love that Eliza has such a fun/spunky attitude/personality and that she likes to snuggle." - Dad

"I love when Stella dances with me." - Ivy
"I love Stella because she's so nice and shares her toys with me." - Eliza
"I love Stella because she is so kind to others." - Mom
"I love that Stella is such a good helper with her younger siblings." - Dad


"I love mom because she feeds and bathes me.  And gets up with me in the middle of the night." - Ivy
"I love mom because she lets me play."- Eliza
"Dear Mom, I love you." - Stella
"I love mom because she takes such good care of us and is so nurturing and loving.  She has so much patience with us and is always so nice." - Dad

"I love dad because he makes me laugh and wrestles with me." - Ivy
"I love Dad because he's really strong!" - Eliza
"Dear Dad, Oh me!  Ha ha, you're funny!" - Stella
"I love dad because he puts up with all his girls with a positive attitude and a smile on his face!" - Mom

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Stella's comments are the best! Haha! That girl!

Also, I misread your line when you said that you and Ryan "made it out" for a date--I thought it said you guys "made out on your date." I was gonna say...ME-OW! ;)

xo