The countdown can now be done on one hand. In no more than five weeks from today, our sweet baby girl will be here. And since I feel like I have to be ready by 37 weeks this time around, that leaves just over two weeks to finish my to-do list, make those last minute purchases that have been sitting in my Amazon cart (Christmas is almost done!) and take a nice deep breath. I can't decide if I think she is coming early, or if I just really want her to come early. Either way I can hardly believe we are almost there.
I'd be lying if I didn't say I was more than ready to be done with this pregnancy. I'd also be lying if I didn't say I am nervous for the changes ahead. I'm nervous for another c-section, I'm nervous to nurse again and to get even less sleep than I am now. But I cannot wait to see her face and get to know her tiny personality. I have this overwhelming feeling that she is going to be a calming influence in my life, which feels odd since my life will only get crazier with another child to care for.
Sometimes I still can't believe we are adding another member to our little family. We are going to have three kids! That feels so legit for some reason. The girls are so excited to meet her and love on her. It's going to be so much fun to watch them fall in love.
Baby watch officially begins November 21st (my 36 week, 6 day mark and the same gestational age Eliza was born.) Ryan's family is coming here for Thanksgiving, and it's hard to say if I will be very pregnant or very tired from the first few days of newborn life. It could be an adventure, but we are excited to be celebrating the holiday with family.
I am beyond grateful for this body of mine and it's ability to help this child grow - something I wasn't sure I would get to experience again less than a year ago. It's a blessing and an honor to be a mother, and the fact that I am about to begin round three is truly humbling.
Now give me two more weeks, baby girl, and we will be ready to welcome you home.
The final update:
Baby is the size of a: small spaghetti squash
Total weight gain: 19 pounds and feeling it.
Maternity clothes: Do I have to wear clothes? Nothing fits right and I just want to wear pajamas all day long. Doing my best to look presentable when necessary.
Sleep: Ugh. It's been rough this go around. I usually have two bad nights in a row and then crash hard on the third. And we all know the sleep thing is only going to get worse before it gets better, so I'm just trying to embrace it and not turn into a complete bear in the process.
Movement: Still lots of movement and still mostly on my right side with some sort of foot or hand trying to escape on an hourly basis. The doctor thinks she is head down now, but I'm still not convinced.
Food cravings: Anything I don't have to prepare or cook myself, ha ha. Drinking tons of water and craving ice.
Symptoms: Heartburn, fatigue, hormonal instability...pregnancy.




1 comment:
So stinking excited for you guys! You are gonna rock the 3-kid momma thing :)
Post a Comment