Third pregnancy.
Third trimester.
Third BREECH baby girl.
If things weren't already before, they are certainly getting real now. Between doctor appointments that are now coming every two weeks, 3D ultrasounds that look like REAL live two pound babies, a likely eviction date (read: scheduled c-section), a name and the beginnings of a nursery awaiting her, this sweet baby girl is coming. I'm not going to lie, I sort of wish it was tomorrow instead of 12 weeks from now. I know, babies are easier on the inside than on the outside...blah blah blah. And while I am a little scared (or maybe a lot) of the logistics that accompany adding to our little crazy train, I am done with the anticipation of it all and I just want her here to love on and experience and learn about. I may or may not be crossing my fingers that she takes after her sister Eliza and decides to come three weeks early, meaning 9 weeks from now! Trying not to count on it, but man is it nice to dream about.
![]() |
| Sugary orange drinks that burn my throat and 2 lb. 4 oz. baby girls |
Oh, and you read that right--she's breech just like her big sisters. The doctors have never seen anything about my uterus that would seem to cause my babies to lay breech, but three out of three has to mean something, right? About a week and a half ago, I informed Ryan that I was 99.9% positive she was breech. Yesterday's ultrasound confirmed that, as well as the fact that she is in the exact position both of her sisters found themselves in at the end of their pregnancies. "She could still turn!" they tell me. But I highly doubt she will. My babies just like that comfy little spot in my uterus. A breech baby means any small glimmer of hope I had left to VBA2C is now pretty much gone. And you know what? I am totally okay with it. In the very beginning of this pregnancy I knew the likely outcome would be a c-section. Not only are VBACs after two cesareans more uncommon, the hospital here in small town Idaho actually has a fairly strict no-VBAC-after-two-cesareans policy. After chatting with the head of the obstetrics department I found myself thinking it could possibly happen after all. Our conversation basically consisted of him telling me that if I showed up to the hospital in active labor, progressing and with a head-down baby they technically couldn't force me to have that c-section (and that he would be all for having me try to do it on my own). After going into labor on my own with Liza I had hope that it might all possibly work, but now that baby sister is breech it looks like a third c-section is most definitely in my future. Unless she turns, of course (ha ha). And the truth is, I feel 99% okay about that. That other 1% might be more of a resignation to the fact that this is how it is for me, but a healthy, happy baby is what I want and I have faith that a c-section will help me get her.
| Nothing sweeter than a slightly terrifying family portrait drawn by a four-year-old. |
And about that name...she has one. Well, part of one. For some reason first names are always quite easy for us to decide on. I always think a few of them are cute, but there is always one that stands out and that I really love (and that husband likes well enough to agree to). It's funny, because all of our girls' names have never been on a list of potential names at the same time. They are all names I had heard before, but when hearing them again while pregnant knew they were the right name for our baby. So after that long winded introduction, Miss Ivy (some-perfect-middle-name-from-her-heritage) Palmer should be joining us no later than December 9, 2014.
![]() |
| Currently 28 weeks and probably twice as large |
And now, a third trimester update:
Total weight gain: 14 pounds (And since I only gained 19 pounds total with Stella and 16 with Eliza, I am guessing this pregnancy will win the award for most weight gained)
Maternity clothes: Leggings, tunics and dresses all day, everyday.
Sleep: Sleep seems to be harder to obtain this time around. Falling asleep is hard, staying asleep is hard.
Movement: I certainly feel her, but I am always worried it's not enough. Every night before I can fall asleep I have to feel one or two good kicks, and as soon as I wake up in the morning it's the same thing. I am way more paranoid this time around and have this irrational fear that I am going to wake up one morning and she won't be alive anymore. Because of her position I feel most movement on my sides, especially when she tries to stretch out and her head pushes out the right side of my stomach.
Food cravings: BLTs, cottage cheese, more cereal and anything covered in chocolate.
Symptoms: The first 25 weeks weren't the easiest for me, especially compared to my first two pregnancies. But the last few weeks have been a bit smoother in most categories. A little bit more sleep and a few less trips to the bathroom, not as many hip or back aches, and almost no nausea. The heartburn comes and goes, and the Braxton Hicks have been here to stay since about 16 weeks. She really doesn't like when I bend over, poor thing. I'm still pregnant and still "feel it" by the end of most days, but physically I feel like I could certainly make it another 12 weeks if I had to.


6 comments:
What are the chances of THREE breech babies?! But you make cute little girls, so no worries, right? So excited for your family to meet its next addition.
Love the terrifying family drawing! Classic.
And love everything else about the post too!
Love everything about that post...other than your 3rd breech babe! These last 12 weeks will fly by with so many fall time activities going on...I was due almost the exact same day as you last year, and once September hit, time FLEW!! Hang in there :)
So glad to read about this little girl. She will be as perfect as all the other grandbabies. In fact you are following in my footsteps for c-sections. I love the name, it makes me think of flowers and I love flowers. You will get through this with flying colors and after its all over you will wonder why you ever had any doubts at all. We love your sweet family. Grandpa Norm & Grandma Tresa
I love her name! So exciting to hear an update. Praying all goes well with the remaining weeks!
Post a Comment