Monday, March 10, 2014

These Are The Days

Lately our days have been more full than ever before.  I love it in so many ways, and at the same time I feel time slipping through my fingers all too quickly.  Our days are filled with many good things, but these are the little moments I want to remember the most.  When little girls were able to be little girls without the worry of homework or soccer practice or whatever life decides to bring down the road.

These are my days, and I love them.

Little girls and Barbies.  I should probably be over-thinking the role model/unattainable body image associations here, but I'm not and I'm not going to start.  She dresses them up, acts out movie scenes and plays for hours each day.  Let's not complicate things.

Someone made her bed all by herself.  Those pillows were very strategically placed.

Helping dad change the water in the fish tank (can I call that a tank?).  These two fish are teaching us all sorts of lessons, the main one being we are not in a phase of life conducive to pets.  Our neighbors are going to be really sick of fish-sitting if these guppies don't die soon.

Snow!  And on a day dad (instead of mom) was home to go play in it!  A happy day for everyone involved.

The Olympics may not be in our future, but I like what I'm seeing here.  Swimming lessons have been full of ups and downs, although overall I feel like Miss Stella has exceeded my very low expectations.  My favorite part is our exchange of a thumbs up after every brave moment she has in the water.  I love being there for her to glance over at, big smile on her face and her little thumb sticking up out of the water with pride.  Goodness I love her.

2 comments:

Tresa & Norman said...

Taryn, Just read your blog.Its almost his birthday and my thoughts are centered around your comments. Reading them made me realize that , yes we miss him so much, but we know in our hearts and minds that he is with us and that Heavenly Father's will was to take him home because he had greater things for him to do, although its so hard for us to understand why it had to be him!! Someday when we are all reunited, we will know for certain that it was because Scott was a very special son, brother, husband, father and grandfather and he had fought so hard to stay but it was time for him to be with Heavenly Father. And we are all blessed because he was with us for 48 years. Love you Grandma Tresa

Shell said...

Stellar is just too cute and these days really are IT! Cuteness all around!