September recap? Ain't nobody got time for that! But here I am, doing it anyways. Someday I won't be so OCD, but for now I just can't let October end without documenting a few of our September happenings.
I think you've already heard the gist of it: we moved, we went on a trip, we did 12 days without dad, we laughed, we cried. Yep, that pretty much sums it up. But I must say, for as stressful as it really was, it was a pretty great time. Reuniting with my girls after a week away is always good for this mama's heart. The break was needed, but the reunion was necessary. Being with them is my favorite place to be.
After our tender reunion (actually I'm not sure they missed me that much), we made it back to Idaho where we conquered our mess of a house and enjoyed one of the blessings of living in Idaho- fry sauce. It's been a while since I was offered that delectable condiment with my fast food meal. And can I just say that I really love me some Arctic Circle? It's sad, but true.
While reuniting with old friends and Ryan's new job are both pretty awesome, the best part of our new Idaho home is living by that family of ours. They are pretty great, and lucky for me my awesome sisters decided to help keep me sane during those twelve days without Ryan and each made a trip to visit our new home. We had lots of fun shopping, eating out, letting our kids play, and just being together. Living in Idaho is grand.
While twelve days as a single parent is plenty for me to realize that it would be the absolute hardest job in the world, it was also twelve days that left me feeling more sure of my abilities as a mother. I didn't end every single day in tears. I didn't feel frustrated the entire time. In fact, I felt like we did a pretty good job. I felt like I was blessed to be able to handle the every need that came my way, and most days ended on a positive note with every one's teeth brushed and the confidence that I could do it again tomorrow. During the past year I have been very nervous and unsure about adding to our little family. No, this is not an announcement, but after many months of "I'm not ready yet" I can finally say that I think I can do it. If and when it happens I know it will be hard. No doubt in my mind it will be hard. But I know I can do it, because I love my kids and that love makes me want to sacrifice for them. To give up more of who I am to make them into who they need to be. It's a terrifying and exhilarating feeling, but as a wise man once said, "Come what may, and love it."

No comments:
Post a Comment