My baby girl is officially two years old. It's been said before, but really; that went too fast! She is as spicy as she once was sweet, but we could not love her more. She copies every little thing her big sister does, she ditched the binkie without a second thought, and can hold her own in a conversation. It never ceases to amaze me how much these little humans learn and grow in the space of a few weeks, let alone twelve months. Her hair has grown, her legs are longer, and the joy she brings to our family can not be measured.
At twenty four months, Miss Eliza Scott loves baby dolls, dressing herself, and sleeping in her big girl bed. She can often be found buried in a pile of books or snuggling her mama, two places I hope she never gets tired of being. While she goes to bed without complaint most nights, she is very good at keeping herself awake by serenading us all with her latest favorite song. Luckily Stella is pretty good at falling asleep to her sister's incessant background music, which can often last until nearly 10 pm. Her eating habits have certainly gotten worse, as she seems to be subsisting merely on yogurt and cheese as of late. I know that her biggest problems is patience at the dinner table, and she simply wants to be done at the same time as her big sister which means half of her plate is left untouched. Now that we have a good stretch of time that will be spent at home, mama's goal is to get this little girl back on track when it comes to dinner time. She likes to think she is a big girl and has used the potty a few times. I'm going to let her take the lead on this one, just as I did with moving to the big bed. Her deep desire to do anything her big sister is doing seems to be working in my favor when it comes to these major milestones.
There is so much I want to remember about this little lady. I need to remember her bright blonde hair that is most often pulled up in a little ponytail on top of her head. I need to remember her raspy voice that can most often be found telling me "no", but also reminds me that she loves me. I want to remember her sweet, cheesy smile; complete with a chipped tooth and small gap between her front teeth. I hope I can remember her love for her blanket and the way that she can get away with anything just by giving me "that look". I want to push pause and keep her just as she is, but I know more goodness and sweetness and perfect moments are coming. Because they always do with these sweet little babies, and that is the very best part.
We spent the majority of last week in Utah, so that meant lots of celebrating our little girl with the people who love her most. Thursday night we partied with the Palmer clan and celebrated all of our favorite October birthdays. With the arrival of our new nephew Gavin, we now have four Palmer birthdays within a week and a half of each other. Last year Papa Jeff asked for a grandson for Christmas, and this year that wish came true on his birthday with the birth of our first Palmer nephew. Next comes Uncle Taylor's birthday, and then we finish it out with Miss Eliza. I didn't manage any pictures from our Logan celebration, but we had a great time and it is no surprise that Eliza was showered with gifts and love.
Sunday was the big day for our girl, and we found ourselves in Plain City with my family. Thanks to Nana Joni, party planner extraordinaire, my simple efforts of cupcakes from a box and a sparkly candle was spruced up to look party ready. The girl was completely smitten with her cupcake and even more in love with the attention she received from her adoring fans. The look on her face while we sang to her was priceless, and she blew out her candle like a pro.
![]() |
| She was a big fan of her fun gifts, although the empty cracker box made her the most excited. Go figure. |
My sweet Eliza girl,
I couldn't love you more, my little one. You have brought so much love and joy to my life and to the lives of those who know you. You may be able to get away with whatever you want, but for now I don't mind your somewhat mischievous ways. I hope you always love like you do right now. It is a deep, emotional, and forgiving love that I am far too often undeserving of. My only wish is that I provide you with the tools you need to conquer the world, because I have no doubt that you will do just that. You are, and always will be, loved beyond measure. Thank you for making life so sweet.
Love you forever,
Mom




No comments:
Post a Comment