Isn't love grand? It is what makes me wake up at 3:30 in the morning to tend a fussy baby, wash my husband’s clothes, serve my neighbors, and try to live each day in accordance with the teachings of the Gospel. It is the driving force behind my child’s desire to snuggle with me, my husband’s willingness to visit an art museum with me on our date, and the efforts of family and friends to stay in contact with me and my little family on a daily basis.
Yes, love is a pretty great thing and as the years have passed I have learned to embrace the holiday of love more and more. While commercially it can seem to merely be about chocolates and roses sent by a significant other, I tend to much more enjoy the added focus on simply loving the people who make our lives so great, whether that be a spouse, a boyfriend, a sister, or just a friend; wherever it comes from love is meant to be celebrated and cherished.
How we celebrated our love this year:
- Homemade valentines sent to those we love.
- Making and delivering sugar cookies to our neighbors.
- Cute mailboxes filled with love notes.
- Scavenger hunts to find our Valentine’s Day treasures
- Heart shaped food. (But of course)
- A night complete with baby hands, candlelight, Nutella stuffed French toast, beautiful flowers, a hungry husband, and pink tea cups filled with chocolate milk.
- Matching outfits and our best efforts at a photo shoot. Sorry, I just really can’t help myself.
Sometimes I really do think my heart might burst from the love I feel for these people. They are my everything.
I am so in love with my husband and the good man he is. His sarcasm, his predictability, his calm demeanor, the fact that everyone who knows him adores him. I love the moments when I get to just sit back and watch him do his thing; whether it be when I stop by work for a few minutes, listen to him teach a Sunday school lesson to a group of 12 year-old kids, or observe the special moments he shares with his girls. Sometimes it is easy to forget how lucky I am.
I love my Stella girl. She brings life to every minute of every day. Her questions, her songs, and her silliness make my life so much better and much more entertaining. I never want to forget how I am awoken every morning by the sound of her feet on the carpet coming down the hall and into our room, our bed for a few morning snuggles. Or how nap time means we read one story and sing one song, but bedtime is better because we get to read two stories and sing two songs, always of her choice and usually with her help.
I love that little Eliza babe. I am never going to be ready for her to stop being my baby, but she seems to be outgrowing it all on her own. She is getting sassy, but even her sass is endearing. Her sudden attachment to my hip can be exhausting, but I secretly love it at the same time. I know she isn't going to want me close forever. I hope I always remember the way she says “hello”, her love of babies, and how she would rather wear her socks on her hands than her feet and so usually that is where they can be found.
The truth is this: Love is all around. Did you stop and notice it today?
3 comments:
So fun. That top right of E and her piggies . . . to die for. Beautiful girls.
Yeah so I really love this post! I'm always reading your posts... I always know I'm in for something captivating! BUT that being said, I have been thinking myself, "why does Valentine's day need to be hated/dreaded/commercialized?" I mean, it IS a day of love! This is my goal for Valentine's, too. Feel the love. Show the love.
Perfect post! I need to remember to focus Vday on the LOVE! Looks like you all had a fabulous day! Love you guys!
Post a Comment