- Stella loves to unleash her inner artist, complete with bold fashion choices and abstract masterpieces. “It’s an airport!” But of course it is.
- The weather here has been interesting. It is bi-polar, really. We are either in the middle of a snow storm, or it is fifty degrees. No in between here. We took advantage of a warm Saturday while dad was working and took a little trip around the neighborhood. Some little girls next door were also taking advantage of the sunshine and had set up a table where they were selling 75 cent handmade bracelets and necklaces. I’m the first to admit that I am sucker and quickly forked out a $1.50 in loose change to appease the girls, both young and old. Stella still likes to talk about our little shopping trip and her “Snow White” bracelet. Eliza lost her bracelet somewhere along our 10 minute walk around the block. You win some, you lose some, I suppose.
- Our eldest child has quite the imagination and can go from a princess to a puppy to a kitty to one of the many characters from Strawberry Shortcake in two seconds flat. Our friends, the Talbots, are the proud owners of this dog costume and it is the first thing Stella inquires about when we arrive at their home. This may be the closest thing we get to having a puppy for quite some time.
- Tuesday nights are a special time at our house. The kids are (hopefully) in bed, the husband is off playing basketball, and the mother is sitting back with some form of chocolate, enjoying some precious alone time, and catching up on the latest episodes of The Bachelor or Downton Abbey. Let’s hope the prior doesn't have as disappointing of a season finale as the later.
- Last time I think I mentioned something about sickness avoiding us until the very end of January? Never fear, that sickness did find us and it is just barely making it’s way to the next unsuspecting victims. Nearly three weeks straight of snotty noses can really take a toll on the party. The worst of it hit Miss Eliza, as she battled an ear infection and 3 days of constant fevers which ended up being caused by the Roseola virus. Everyone seems to be doing better these days, but I still don’t think we have made it a full day without someone needing their snotty nose wiped clean.
- A little light reading in the afternoon is always a plus. This particular day we were enjoying our exciting library find, “My Dentist, My Friend.” You know your dad’s a dentist when…
- Their love is my favorite. It is pure and simple, and so forgiving. The screaming matches and tug-of-wars have certainly begun, but they have about a 0.5 second rebound rate and then they are the best of friends again. I have a lot to learn from them.
- The baby wearing pigtails is the cutest thing on the planet, but it also just one more sign that she isn’t so baby anymore.
- 3 years later and Stella finally tried the goodness that is a Root Beer float. She enjoyed every last sip and is still talking about that wonderful treat.
- Thanks to a special V-day gift from Joni and Paul, I now get to see my dad’s smiling face in my kitchen each day. He is the greatest and I miss him more than words can express.
- A morning of story time and treats with my two favorite girls. Some days I am just overwhelmed with how blessed I am. I have a very happy life.
- This girl’s first trip to the dentist did not go well. I had high hopes for this visit, and while sitting in the chair and taking x-rays went well; her highly sensitive gag reflex and fear of loud noises (i.e. suction tool) soon got the better of the poor lady. It was a little traumatizing for everyone involved (including her dad, the dentist) and while she was ready to go back and try again ten minutes after we returned home, I think we will be waiting a bit for our follow-up visit.
- Our post-Valentines date consisted of dinner downtown at a local restaurant, a visit to the art museum, and a little fro-yo. And yes, I was in charge and my husband is a good sport. I was determined not to do the usual dinner and a movie, and in the end I am glad we ventured out of our comfort zone a little bit. It was a wonderful night with that man of mine.
- We were blessed to have a quick visit by Uncle Jace, the “new” Ashley, and Nana Joni a few weeks back. The whirlwind, two day trip fulfilled my required introduction to the girl my brother was planning to propose to soon, and gave Jace the chance to visit everyone’s favorite dentist. We were more than happy to have Nana join the party, and while we wish the visit could have been longer we were so happy to meet Ashley and fell in love with her very quickly. It’s a good thing, too, because as of a week ago they are officially engaged and we are so excited for them. And I'm certainly not mad about the fact that their California wedding is giving us an excuse for a vacation.
- Little Eliza’s naps have been rather pathetic lately. On this day I had every intention of getting her to go back to sleep, but after laying/squirming/laughing in my bed for ten minutes straight, it was obvious that plan had failed miserably.
- Stella loves mannequins and loves her real-life friend Trey, so of course she was beyond thrilled when she found “Prince Trey” waiting for her in the shoe department at Scheels the other day. Love at first sight, I tell you.
That February, she is a quick one. Besides the sickness I would say it was a pretty great month. Now onward to March and the little daily adventures that make our life so grand.
Thursday, February 28, 2013
Recent Moments iLoved {February Edition}
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment