My life has been forever changed, I got an iPhone.
I know it makes me seem vain, but I am in love big time.
If for nothing more than the camera and Instagram App.
So here are a few of life's most recent lovely moments we enjoyed with iPhone in hand.
- A lazy afternoon spent outside with my girls. The weather has been just about perfect here in Ohio and we are trying to soak in every ounce of sunshine we can get.
- My way-too-big "little" girl. Man she is beautiful. Feisty, but beautiful.
- Laundry, does it ever end? I would have to so say no. Not sure how I am going to ever have clean laundry when I have 4 kids. Let's be honest, how will I ever get anything done with more kids? I feel like I am barely keeping afloat with two in my tiny little apartment. Live and learn, right?
- A perfect evening at the park with friends. We are doing our best to find every reason to hang out with our favorite people here in Ohio, and the dad's being away to take boards sounded like the perfect excuse for a picnic dinner at the park.
- Eliza enjoyed peas for the first time last week. She has since enjoyed (and I am using that term loosely here) carrots, bananas, prunes, and applesauce. She either hates it at first and then warms up to it six or seven bites in; or she eats it right up for about 3 minutes and then starts gagging. Who knows?
- A baby just being cute. She's pretty good at that.
- Stella proud of her botany skills. Picking "flowers" on our daily walks seems to be a favorite activity. Of course storing her treasures in a plastic cup on the counter is a must.
- A family date to get frozen yogurt. Stella was so happy to be indulging in her "pink ice cream with strawberries".
- Yep, she's a sitter.
- Oh, the ice cream truck that has visited Abbey Church Village every summer night for the past four years. We finally (with a little coaxing from our visitors) gave in and approached the creepy truck.
One dollar and a cotton-candy-flavored frozen treat later the truck was still creepy, but the girl was most definitely happy. The things we do for these kids of ours.
- A nap time that should have been spent packing or cleaning, but was instead spent eating the snack of choice of five-year-olds everywhere and watching a little Downton Abbey. Both were pretty fabulous.
- A scowl? A look of concern? True amazement that I was yet again taking her picture? Can't be sure, but I do know that I like it.
- Making our way to campus to attempt some nostalgic family pictures. We enjoyed hurricane winds, one of my children may have felt like death, and the other one's lips were turning blue by the end of the night. Here's to hoping Ally was able to work her magic!
- A photo op with Brutus is always a must. Stella is as proud to be a Buckeye as the rest of us!
- A Saturday morning spent washing the car and eating the breakfast of champions. At least I didn't let her order the breakfast sandwich nestled between two glazed donuts like someone else I know. And if you were wondering, it tasted as it good as it sounds, even if I felt like I was having a heart attack after my one and only bite.
- A Mother's Day spent with my little lovies. Both the girls were getting over colds so I enjoyed sacrament meeting and then after a little switch-a-roo Ryan enjoyed teaching elder's quorum. We finished off the night with a dinner of delicious ribs and one last phone call from Bolivia. Elder H will hit the the 24 month mark in September, but over the last few weeks we learned that he has been having some major health issues with his knees and thus will be completing his last few months of service in Provo. For a while we thought he might be coming home for good (and you know we were going to try to squeeze in a quick trip home to welcome him back), but he is adamant about completing his full two years so Provo it is. He will start seeing doctors there and trying to get things figured out and avoid surgery. We are all so very proud of him and know that the Lord is, too. We all might have been a little sad to know that it will still be three and a half months until we get to see him and hug him and introduce him to miss Eliza, but we know he is doing what is best for him. So minus the snotty noses, this Mother's day was a pretty delightful one.
- Such big tears for such a little lady. She got upset for about .2 seconds (that is usually her max, sweet girl that she is), but the big alligator tears sat there for a good minute or two before I finally wiped them away.
- The "lasts" have officially begun. This was our last trip to the Columbus Zoo and it was a good one. Well it was good despite Ryan getting a frantic call about a patient showing up 5 hours early to his appointment thanks to a glitch in the school's scheduling system. Let's just say we are all ready to be done with the headaches that come from dental school. After a new patient was found (the first patient was coming so Ryan could present his case to some professors) we all enjoyed our last day with the animals. This zoo and it's accompanying water park have provided hours of entertainment for us over the last four years. Let's just say I might have cried as we drove away for the last time.
4 comments:
I love them all. I think having an easy access video and still camera are the best things for parents. I made a compilation of videos for Mother's Day and my brother said "Man, I wish I had more videos like that of my kids". It's just much easier now than when it was VHS. :)
I'm usually not that big into gadgets, but I have to admit, I'm dying to get my hands on on iphone! Someday . . . Your girls are beautiful. Can't believe you are so close to being done! So exciting. Oh, and we went to the pediatrician on our last day in Knoxville, and I totally cried while driving away :)
Oh I think it has made me sad to think no more shopping at Charming Charlies, no more all day excursions to get from Logan to Columbus (an all day affair) and no more eating fish and chips at Old bag of Nails. No more Jennys ice cream or German town or the wonderful zoo. Oh I am going to miss that place. We have had some awesome memories. I guess we will have to make new ones in Billings!!! Love ya.
Love that due to that great piece of technology you are able to capture and remember all those precious moments Columbus has offered you. Love love love your sweet family.
Post a Comment