Monday, April 2, 2012

Our Weekend

We enjoyed a nice, calm, relaxing weekend.
Just what we needed after the last couple weeks of crazy.
We started things off right by saying bye-bye to the baby mullet.
With aunt Ashlie's wedding in just over a week I decided now was as good a time as any to take Stella in for her first haircut.
I was worried about how it would turn out and how Stella would handle being messed with for that long by someone she didn't even know.
Well, I have good news to report on all fronts: the hair looks 100x better (should have done it months ago!) and Stella was a total champ during the entire process.
She loved sitting in her airplane chair and watching Dora on the TV.
Plus she got a sucker and balloon out of the deal, and when your two years old that makes anything worth your while.
All day she kept playing with her lovely locks and proclaiming "my haircut so beautiful!"




Of course hours were spent listening to the leaders of our Church during Conference.
I wouldn't say Stella payed close attention, but she loved talking about the prophet and was always sad when the session was over.
We put my birthday present to good use and cooked up some yummy popcorn to keep us company as we listened to the inspired messages that were shared.

We also managed to enjoy the beautiful Ohio weather we have been experiencing by squeezing in a walk or two between sessions.
I am going to miss the beautiful blossoms that decorate our neighborhood each spring!





We topped off the weekend by celebrating my day of birth.
Twenty-six years young feels pretty good, especially when I take inventory of the many, many blessings I have in my life.
And having a Conference birthday is extra sweet- pajamas all day long and a little inspiration; can't get much better than that!
Homemade Cafe Rio; birthday calls, messages, and Skype sessions; and Ryan's attempt at recreating our cruise ship's Chocolate Melting Cake made for a wonderful day.
I'll let you decide if the #1 candle stands for turning one year older, the fact that I'm the family MVP, or simply because it was the only candle in our house...



6 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like a perfect weekend. Stella does look beautiful with that new haircut.

Dani Em said...

Happy birthday!!! Hazyl LOVED getting her hair cut too! Stella's looks so long in that picture!

Jordan and Heather Humbert said...

Happy Birthday to you! I love how Stella is looking up at your cake with such a happy face :)

Erin_C said...

happy belated birthday! looks like a good one and i'm happy your girls are feeling better. as an early october birthday, I agree with conference birthdays being rather nice :)

so what is the verdict on that double stroller? we love pushing it around in the store, haha. would you recommend it?

The Millers said...

I just love the baby mullet. I think we will be keeping it around here a little longer, ha ha (well we can't get rid of it even when we try, so lets just embrace it!!!)

Glad you had a happy b-day! I'll see you sooo soon I can hardly stand it!

Bethany said...

Oh how I miss those pink blossoms on that tree every spring!!