Someone had a birthday last week, and it was a big one.
I think I have been harassing Ryan about his old age for at least the last twelve months.
(I can do that since I have a few more years before I enter the world of the thirties)
He was actually a little more upset about getting old then I thought he would be. In fact, he keeps informing me that he will be turning thirty again next year, and the next, and again after that.
So I finally gave in and stopped calling him old. Instead I am going with wise. That's better, right?
It's hard to say if Stella was more enchanted by the candles or the cake.
Either way we let her have a share of each as she helped dad blow out the flame and enjoyed her own slice of birthday goodness soon after.
On the day in question we didn't do much to celebrate, unless you count flying across the country with two kids and on about 4 hours of sleep your idea of a party. In that case then we had a smashing good time!
Instead we celebrated with dinner at Maddox and dessert with the family in Logan the night before, and a little more deliciousness with our Ohio clan last night.
Stella remembered exactly what the birthday candles were for and once again did her part in singing a lovely rendition of "Happy Birthday" to her daddy.
She is going to be pro when it is her turn in just a few short weeks!
Thirty is going to be a big year for the man of the house: he graduates dental school ( and is done with school FOREVER!), will make a move across the country, and (hopefully) bring home his first paycheck as Dr. Palmer, DDS.
So despite the fact that he is inching ever closer to 50 (I kid, I kid!); I think the big 3-0 is going to treat him just right.
Love ya, JRP!



4 comments:
I thought Ryan was 30 already!? JUST KIDDING! I'm glad he got to celebrate with his fam and darling 3 girls, perfect. This really is a big year for you guys, can't wait to see what it brings!
Happy birthday Ry! Even though our hubby's are old...:) I wouldn't have it any other way. Glad we got to see you and celebrate.
Happy birthday old man!!:) What a great year this will be!
Taryn, the fur. It is still killing me. I love it too much!! Adorable babies you have!!
xo
I am also turning 30 in a few short months...not a fun idea. Hope it is a great year for you guys though. Any ideas where you will be moving to yet?
Post a Comment