This Christmas has been one full of old traditions, emotions we are still getting used to, and new things to come.
It has been interesting.
It has been magical as we experienced Christmas through the eyes of a two year old.
It has been difficult as we have missed our dad.
It has been full of laughter and love as we have spent time with so many that we love.
It has been full of deep discussions and decisions that will take many of us in new directions during the upcoming year.
This Christmas was spent remembering dad through laughter, good food, and, not surprisingly, tears.
I am not sure our second Christmas without was any easier and can't imagine a time when missing him won't hurt so much.
We again brought him a little Christmas cheer by leaving a couple of trees at his grave.
This year they were adorned with tags containing memories and messages as our Christmas gift to him.
It was decided that after a few days the trees that adorn his headstone will be taken to my Aunt and Uncle's home and replanted in a special area. Every year a new tree will be added, and hopefully one day my siblings and I might even be able to use one in our homes as a very special Christmas tree.
I hope and pray that my girls and all of my children will know and feel a connection to their Papa Scott.
I feel that they do, and I know that even though others will be there to teach them and love them he will never be forgotten.
We continued the tradition we started last year of "Dad's Dinner".
We use fancy dishes, partake of some of dad's favorite foods, and reminisce about our favorite moments with our wonderful father and husband.
Of course this Christmas was spent with so many people we love and who we can not doubt love us as well.
We were able to speak to our missionary and he certainly sounds like someone who is doing the work of the Lord.
He is mature and wise at this place in his life, and he was able to help each of us have a little more faith as we face the future. I am so grateful for him and his willingness to serve the Lord. He is bringing our family innumerable blessings as he tirelessly gives of himself to the people of Bolivia.
I am so grateful to have the family that I do.
It is full of grandparents, cousins, aunts, and uncles who I know would give anything to help me or my children.
They play with my babies, change them, rock them, and love them perfectly.
They sincerely care about how I am feeling and what we are doing with our lives.
I am overwhelmed when I think of the love I have for each of them.
And, lest you think it wasn't, this Christmas was full of presents.
There were presents on Christmas Eve, presents on Christmas morning, and even more presents waiting on Christmas night.
Again, how will we get everything back to Ohio?!
We are so spoiled.
Eliza enjoyed the festivities as much as a two month old can, while big sister stole the show all weekend long.
Christmas is just so much more fun with kids!
When Christmas morning finally arrived I wasn't sure Stella would even be excited anymore.
I was wrong.
Yes, there might be a Nana in that tent with Stella; and yes, Eliza slept through nearly every minute of Christmas morning excitement.
After a morning spent with the Hansen clan eating breakfast casserole and stealing coveted items in the gift exchange we headed to Logan for a little more Christmas.
Stella's kitchen, bookshelf, DVD player, and toy box should be well stocked when we arrive back home. I am grateful to know that I have at least two girls who will enjoy all this stuff one day.
There was also Christmas dancing, Christmas reading, and of course multiple sets of Christmas jammies.
All of which added to the magic of the season.
We are so amazed at the love of our Savior for it is because of his birth and eventual sacrifice that any of this can be possible.
He brings peace and happiness to our lives, and as our family looks forward to a busy year with many changes it is because of him that I know all will be well.





























2 comments:
I seriously doubt your girlies could be any cuter... seriously doubt it.
Love all the pics! Glad the holidays have treated you well, and we can't wait to see you guys when you get back!
Post a Comment