It has been a good month.
We have enjoyed visitors galore, lots of turkey, and some amazing days of 60 degree weather.
But the best part of the last month has certainly been loving on and learning about our little Bug.
Miss Eliza Scott is officially more than a month old and already we can hardly remember what life was like before her arrival.
The last 30+ days have included introductions to friends and family, growth spurts, and maybe a few bonks on the head from a loving older sister.
Some of our good friends from our days in Logan now live in Indianapolis and were visiting Columbus for the day so they decided to stop by and meet Eliza.
Stella had a great time playing with Luke and Layna, and we all had to laugh at the size comparison of Parker and E. Parker is only three months older than Eliza, but also happens to be three times her size!
We are both extremely grateful and a little heartbroken that sister is eating and growing like a champ.
Her one month appointment found her weighing in at 7 pounds, 10.5 ounces (10%) and measuring 20 inches (10%) long.
Those cheeks are becoming more kissable day by day, and the chins are multiplying as we speak.
We have had some issues with reflux just like we did with Stella, but this time we decided to try Zantac to help curb the constant spitting up and sad cries after mealtime.
It has only been a day on the meds but we are hoping it works!
E seems to be taking after her big sister and is spoiling us with her sleeping habits.
She continues to sleep for the majority of the day and usually gives us at least a four hour stretch at night. We have even been blessed with a couple six hour stretches and even one amazing seven hour night of slumber.
Even on the nights when she is up every three to four hours she does her thing and is back to sleep within an hour. However, I know better than to get accustomed to those restful nights, because it can (and will) change in an instant!
As the picture above proves our little Eliza Bug is slowly getting used to the crazy world around her.
That includes her loving and "helpful" big sister, Stella.
Big sister sure loves her little dolly and for the most part does a great job being soft with her kisses and her efforts to tickle Eliza's toes.
I am so proud of Stella and how she has adapted to this new way of life for our family.
With two kids the days are definitely busier and some moments can feel a little overwhelming, such as that hour yesterday when I attempted to make it to story time with a 20 lb. bag of library books that were due, a curious toddler, a diaper bag, and a baby in a car seat. I am all about logistics in every situation, and I am learning that there is a lack of just that when you have more than one kid. But we made it inside, enjoyed a little story time, and even visited the fish tank to give the little swimmers a quick hello.
Not going to lie, I felt pretty proud of myself after that hour was over.
We love you Eliza Bug!
Thanks for joining us.









7 comments:
So cute! Love the bath picture :)
stellas face in that picture of her with her friends is to DIE for! LOVE both of those little bugs. Miss you! kiss my babies for me! sad she is growing so much! but so happy she is a healthy little lady!
Has it really been a month? Can't believe it. She is such a little tiny! And so sweet. I'm glad she is a good sleeper like her big sis . . . gives me hope we'll get a couple good sleepers like their big sis :) Glad you guys are doing great and hope you loved having your family there!
Wow. Time sure does fly! One more month and I'll be right behind you! Crazy. Umm... let's talk about all your bows/headbands/flowers/head accessories. Did you buy all of them or did you make them... or some of both?? I am feeling overwhelmed at the thought of keeping up on having a matching bow/headband for every outfit!! How do you do it!? :) PS. Your girls are adorable.
Taryn,
Ohhhhhh! Darling, darling girls!
Amazed at how much sweet Eliza looks like Stella.
Eliza really does look like a do in the bathtub photo.
Glad you are all adjusting and enjoying the journey -
moment by moment, kiss by kiss, day by day.
I seriously thought Miss Eliza was a doll in the bath picture, then I scrolled down and realized it was your little one! She's SO precious! Congrats on two beautiful girls!!! Also, I always love their outfits, great job!
Hello my friend!
I wish I could just copy this post and change the names/pics- because you have embodied exactly how I feel as a new mommy to 2 this past month!:) I love reading your blog Tar and when you get to ID, we are definitely going to have to meet so our chillins can get to know each other! Love you! Reading time...ahhhh, don't you just LOVE it!? :) haha and the diaper bags have gotten to be much more heavy;) sleep well and see you hopefully sooner than later! BTW- love your tree!
Post a Comment